Why In News?
On October 7, 2022, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot inaugurated the two-day 'Invest Rajasthan Summit 2022' held at JECC Sitapura, Jaipur.
- The two-day summit is being attended by dignitaries from the most prestigious corporate groups around the world. Industry experts and leaders will share their experiences in the conclave and panel discussion organized under the summit.
- Addressing the inaugural session of the summit, the Chief Minister said that large scale investment is coming to the state from this two-day summit. Before the summit, MoUs worth about Rs 11 lakh crore have been signed by the state government with investors. Through this, about 10 lakh people are likely to get employment. For the first time, MoUs have been signed on priority on the theme of 'Committed and Delivered'.
- On this occasion, the Chief Minister inaugurated 25 industrial areas in different districts of the state. He also inaugurated 18 industrial units and laid foundation stones of 33 industrial units. With the foundation stone and dedication, on the one hand, industrial development will be accelerated in various districts in the state, while employment and revenue will increase at the local level.
- On this occasion, the Chief Minister also honored 6 personalities who have made Rajasthan proud in the country and abroad with their outstanding and extraordinary work in various fields. All of them were awarded a citation, shawl, momanto and a prize money of Rs 1 lakh.
- From the field of justice, Justice Dalveer Bhandari, appointed to the International Court of Justice, former Chief Justice of India RM Lodha, Vedanta Group Chairman Anil Agarwal from the field of industry, LN Mittal, Chairman of ArcelorMittal and renowned producer KC Malu and famous Urdu poet Sheen Kaaf Nizam were awarded the 'Rajasthan Ratna'.
- On the first day of the summit, 5 conclaves were organized - NRR, Tourism, Start-up, Agri-Business and Future Ready Sector, while MSME Conclave will be organized on the second day of the summit.
- The chief minister also launched the first non-resident Rajasthani (NRR) policy and the Rajasthan Foundation's website during the Non Resident Rajasthani (NRR) Conclave session.
- Addressing the Future Ready Sector Conclave - Exploring Investment in Future Ready Sectors organized under the summit, Industries Minister Shakuntala Rawat said that Rajasthan will be the first state in the country to implement the Green Hydrogen Policy.
- The Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) has been appointed as the national partner for organizing this summit, which is supporting the state government to organize the summit.
- The Chief Minister also launched the 'Rajasthan Investment Promotion Scheme 2022' (RIPS-2022) during the Invest Rajasthan Summit. Under this, industries that generate employment on a large scale in the state, contribute to the upliftment of Scheduled Tribes / Castes and do excellent work in the development of the region will be encouraged.
- Under the Rajasthan Investment Promotion Scheme 2022 , provision has been made for various types of subsidies and IGST recharge for such industries.
Switch to Hindi