Why In News?
On December 6, 2022, P.C. Kishan, Government Secretary, Department of Disaster Management, Relief and Civil Defence, Rajasthan, said that the state is facing problems related to lack of surface water and ground water availability, lack of rainfall, poor condition of crops and remote areas in Pali district. Keeping in view the information received from sensing, Pali tehsil has been declared as severe drought.
- P. C. Kishan said that the Pali tehsil of Pali district has been declared as severe drought-hit under the Rajasthan Affected Areas (Suspension of Proceedings) Act 1952 by assessing the affected areas on the basis of drought management code 2016.
- It has been directed by the State Government that the provisions of Sections 5 to 10 of the Act shall remain in force in drought-hit villages of Pali Tehsil of Pali district for 6 months from the date of publication of the notification.
Why In News?
On December 6, 2022, Rajasthan Governor Kalraj Mishra launched a QR code created for the Governor's Relief Fund in the state. This QR code has been produced by the State Bank of India.
- The Governor said that this is an important initiative under 'Digital India' and with the launch of this QR code, the QR code for the Governor's Relief Fund will now be scanned and the contribution amount can be deposited directly in the bank account.
- He said that it has been started to expand the scope of the Governor's Relief Fund and to provide all possible effective support to the needy.
- State Bank of India Chief Manager Dhirendra Kumar Das said that with the creation of the QR code of the Governor's Relief Fund, people will now be able to donate their money to it in a completely safe form to help the needy. This amount will be transferred directly to the bank of the Governor's Relief Fund.
Switch to Hindi