Why In News?
On December 2, 2022, Jaipur Collector Prakash Rajpurohit inspected the construction of the state's first automatic and Jaipur's largest passenger ropeway to be built in the Hanuman Ji temple complex located in Jaipur city.
- Jaipur Collector Prakash Rajpurohit said that the name of this ropeway will be Annapurna Mata Ropeway, which will be the fifth in the state and second after Samod Hanumanji ropeway of Jaipur district.
- A 436-meter long ropeway is being built from Annapurna Mata Temple to Vaishno Mata Temple located on the hill of Hanuman Temple in Khole.
- An agreement has been signed between the firm and the Jaipur district administration for the construction of the ropeway, after which the firm will be issued a license under the Ropeway Act. The Collector has directed the manufacturer firm to construct the ropeway within two years.
- During the inspection, officials of the ropeway construction firm told Collector Prakash Rajpurohit that the height of the ropeway to be operated on the five towers would be 85 meters. The ropeway with 24 trolleys will have a capacity of 800 passengers per hour.
- The Collector said that the safety parameters of the ropeway will be regularly checked by the district administration during construction and even after the commencement of operation. In the construction of the ropeway, the heritage, craftsmanship and splendor of Jaipur will be seen.
- The collector said that the ropeway construction firm has been directed to provide free travel to children in the age group of 0 to 5 years and elderly people above 70 years of age as well as the disabled through the ropeway.
- The one-way journey of the ropeway will be completed in about 4.5 minutes, during which the trolley will be stopped twice in the middle of the journey to show passengers a panoramic view of Jaipur.
Switch to Hindi