Prime Minister Lays the Foundation Stone of Various Development Projects worth about Rs 7,000 crore in Chittorgarh and Dedicates to the Nation
Why In News?
On October 2, 2023, Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone and dedicated to the nation various development projects worth about Rs 7,000 crore in Chittorgarh, Rajasthan.
- These projects include mehsana-Bhatinda-Gurdaspur gas pipeline, LPG plant of Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) at Abu Road, additional storage at Ajmer bottling plant, Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL), railway and road projects, tourism facilities at Nathdwara and permanent campus of Indian Institute of Information Technology in Kota.
- To promote a gas-based economy, the PM dedicated the Mehsana-Bhatinda-Gurdaspur gas pipeline. The pipeline has been constructed at a cost of about Rs 4500 crore.
- The Prime Minister also inaugurated HPCL's LPG plant at Abu Road. The plant will seal and distribute 86 lakh cylinders per year. This will reduce the operation of trucks carrying cylinders by about 0.75 million km (about 466028.39 mi) per year, which will help reduce carbon emissions by about 0.5 million tonnes per year.
- He also inaugurated additional storage at IOCL's Ajmer bottling plant.
- The Prime Minister inaugurated a 4-lane road on the Darah-Jhalawar-Teendhar section on NH-12 (new NH-52). Its construction cost is more than Rs 1480 crore. The project will facilitate transportation of resources from mines from Kota and Jhalawar districts.
- Apart from this, the foundation stone for widening and widening of Railway Over Bridge (ROB) at Sawai Madhopur from two lanes to four lanes will also be laid. This project will facilitate the movement of vehicles.
- The Prime Minister dedicated himself to the nation, projects related to the doubling of the Chittorgarh-Neemuch railway line, and the Kota-Chittorgarh electrified railway line. These projects cost more than Rs 650 crore. This will strengthen the rail infrastructure in the region and boost tourism to historical sites in Rajasthan.
- The Prime Minister inaugurated the tourism facilities developed in Nathdwara under the 'Swadesh Darshan Yojana'. Nathdwara is a major center of faith for millions of followers of The Confirmation Path propagated by Saint Vallabhacharya. A modern 'Tourist Interpretation and Cultural Centre' has been developed in Nathdwara, where tourists can experience different aspects of Shrinathji's life.
- The Prime Minister also dedicated to the nation the permanent campus of the Indian Institute of Information Technology in Kota.
Why In News?
On October 2, 2023, the state cabinet chaired by Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot approved the Rajasthan Waqf Rules-2023. With the implementation of these rules, waqf work in the state will be done with more ease, clarity and transparency.
- Section 109 of the Central Waqf Act, 1995 empowers the state government to make rules for the operation of waqf. The state government has shown readiness and has taken steps towards implementing the rules.
- The Rajasthan Waqf Rules-2023 mention the mutavalli of waqf properties, managing committee and management plan as well as the educational qualification of Mutavalli. Along with this, provisions have been made related to the appointment of waqf survey commissioner, powers of investigation to survey commissioner and publication of list of waqf properties.
- Similarly, the rules provide for the appointment, tenure of office and service of the Chief Executive Officer of the Waqf Board, as well as the chief executive officer or the officer authorized by him to inspect records, registers or documents related to any Waqf property in any public office.
- The Chief Executive Officer may order inspection of the proceedings or records kept in custody of the Board, subject to prescribed fees and conditions. At the same time, a rule has been made to check the Waqf properties that do not exist. A provision has also been made to conduct an inquiry by the Board on receipt of a complaint related to the administration of Waqf property.
- The Rajasthan Waqf Rules-2023 also provide for auditing of accounts of Waqf properties, withdrawal of property transferred without permission of the Board, removal of encroachment from properties, authorizing the Waqf Board Chairman or Chief Executive Officer to pursue any suit against the Board and annual report of the Board.
Why In News?
The new green hydrogen policy was approved in the state cabinet meeting held at the Chief Minister's residence on October 1, 2023, under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot.
- According to the provisions of this policy, the approval of the Green Hydrogen Project will be issued by the State Level Competent Committee constituted under the chairmanship of the Chief Secretary.
- The major objective of the Green Hydrogen Policy is to produce 2000 KTPA of green hydrogen in the state by the year 2030.
- Apart from this, the policy aims to establish at least one green hydrogen valley to meet the demand of refinery and fertilizer plants. With the establishment of at least one gigawatt electrolyser manufacturing unit, at least 20 percent of India's green hydrogen exports should be supplied from Rajasthan and up to 10 percent of the natural gas produced in the state has green hydrogen blending.
- According to the new green hydrogen policy, land for setting up renewable energy plants for green hydrogen production will be allotted as per the Land Revenue Rules 2007. The land for the hydrogen plant will be allotted by REICO in the industrial area. Apart from this, the plant can also be set up on private land.
- Green hydrogen policy will provide these incentives:
- In the policy, benefits will be payable according to the Rajasthan Investment and Promotion Scheme. One-third of the availability of water and renewable energy generation will also be provided with banking facilities.
- The renewable energy plant's capacity for green hydrogen will be allowed up to 2.5 times the contract demand.
- There will be a discount of 50 percent in broadcast and distribution fees for 10 years on the establishment of the plant.
- Additional and cross subsidy surcharge on purchase of renewable energy from third parties will be waived for 10 years.
- Green hydrogen production from brine water or treated water will be given priority in state land allotment.
- According to the Rajasthan Investment and Promotion Scheme, the benefit will be available for the unit of green hydrogen equipment manufacturing.
- For setting up a research center, 30 percent of the cost (up to a maximum of Rs 5 crore) will be given.
- The first 500 KTPA renewable power plant to be installed on RVNL's network will get special incentives (up to a maximum of 50 mw capacity of each plant).
Why In News?
On October 1, 2023, Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot inaugurated and laid the foundation stone of 25 works worth about Rs 110 crore of tourism and art, literature and culture department, including the inauguration of the first phase of the Rajasthan Heritage Museum, in an interaction program with the stakeholders associated with the tourism sector held at Jawahar Kala Kendra.
- On this occasion, Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot said that along with per capita income, the happiness index should increase in the state and the state should become a leader in every field. For this, the state government is preparing a vision document under Mission-2030, which will be released on October 5.
- The Chief Minister said that several important decisions have been taken by the state government with far-reaching thinking to promote tourism in the state. Tourism has been given the status of an industry; this has increased investment in the tourism sector. Also, urban tax has been reduced by 80 percent and electricity duty by 30 percent for units associated with this industry.
- The state government has increased the amount of the tourism development fund to Rs 1500 crore. It will be further increased in the coming time.
- He said that new areas of tourism are being developed in the state. The Rajasthan Heritage Museum established at Sawai Mansingh Town Hall is another new link in the tourism sector of the state. Historic work of Chambal River Front and Oxizone Park has been done in Kota. With this, a large number of domestic and foreign tourists will come to the Hadoti area.
- The Chief Minister said that the state is number one in north India and second in the country in economic development. In the last 5 years, the GDP of the state has increased by Rs 6 lakh crore and by the end of this financial year it will be Rs 15 lakh crore. By the year 2030, the target is to take it to more than Rs 30 lakh crore.
- Investors are preferring to come here due to the better environment in the state. At present almost all the reputed educational institutions exist in the state. The number of universities has also increased to more than 90. About 1.50 lakh km of roads are being constructed in the state.
Why In News?
In the cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on October 1, 2023, the proposal to set up Rajasthan Logistics Service Delivery Corporation (RLSDC) was approved to free the personnel engaged in placement agencies from exploitation.
- The state government is taking decisions with sensitivity to provide social security to every section. In this sequence, Rajasthan Logistics Service Delivery Corporation (RLSDC) will be formed to free the personnel engaged in placement agencies from exploitation.
- With the formation of this government company by the state government, the practice of hiring personnel from placement agencies in the state will be stopped, which will free the employees from exploitation.
- The RLSDC company, which will be formed on the lines of Rexco, will provide great relief to the employees appointed in government departments and semi-government institutions through placement agencies.
- Through the new company, the registration and selection of skilled and unskilled candidates will be done in a transparent manner, and they will get proper remuneration without unnecessary deduction. With the availability of trained personnel, the work will gain more momentum.
- With the decision of the Cabinet, the personnel working before January 1, 2021, will be taken directly through RLSDC as per the requirement.
- RLSDC will be a 100% state government owned company registered under the Companies Act, 2013.
- Established under the Department of Administrative Reforms, the company will be headed by Principal Government Secretary, Administrative Reforms Department. In addition, Principal Government Secretary of Personnel Department, Principal Government Secretary / Government Secretary of General Administration Department and Labor Department, Government Secretary of Finance Expenditure Department, Director of State Insurance and Provident Fund Department and persons nominated by the State Government will work as members.
Why In News?
On September 30, 2023, Chief Election Commissioner of India Rajiv Kumar, Election Commissioners Anup Chandra Pandey and Arun Goyal inaugurated the SVEEP exhibition set up by the Election Department at the State Institute of Agricultural Management, Durgapura, Jaipur by cutting the ribbon.
- While Barmer's 200 feet long awareness voter craze caught everyone's attention at the exhibition, elc club cartoons and virtual reality were used especially to make the youth and new voters aware.
- Model polling stations run by differently abled personnel, SVEEP's thematic panel exhibition, send art exhibition and painting gallery were the center of attraction.
- The inked fingerprints prepared by the weaver's group of the Central Bureau of Communications to inspire voting caught everyone's attention.
- As part of the Satrangi Week, 7 thematic posters were released. Epic cards were distributed to new voters. Icons and best performing personnel of the Election Department were felicitated.
- At the event, the song 'Main Bharat Hoon' was launched in the Rajasthan backdrop and presented by differently abled children in sign language. The Saharia tribals of Baran performed a 4-minute spectacular dance. The performance of Manganiyar from Jaisalmer and Kalbelia dance from Ajmer also captivated everyone.
- The exhibition beautifully depicted the SVEEP activities being conducted in various districts. Various promotional materials used in SVEEP activities were also presented in an attractive manner.
Switch to Hindi