Why in News?
- On 31 May 2023, the state cabinet met under the chairmanship of Jharkhand Chief Minister Hemant Soren, in which a total of 39 proposals were approved with the approval of the increase in various allowances of panchayat public representatives of the state.
- After the cabinet approved the increase in the honorarium of panchayat public representatives, now the district council president will get 2 thousand rupees, the head will get 8 thousand rupees and the head of the village will get 2 thousand rupees every month. Their daily allowances have also been increased from Rs 150 to Rs 250 for each post.
- Women representatives of ST, SC, Extremely Backward Class and other classes, who are below the poverty line, will get a special honorarium of Rs 150 instead of Rs 100. The travel allowance has also been revised. All will now get a travel allowance at the rate of Rs 10 per km instead of Rs 5 per km.
- The Cabinet has increased the amount of compensation in case of damage to life, property, crops, pets and houses by wild animals in the state. In case of the death of a person in such incidents, only four lakh rupees will be given as before.
- In case of severe injuries, Rs 4.50 lakh will be given instead of Rs 1 lakh, in case of minor injuries, Rs 25,000 instead of Rs 15,000 and in case of permanent disability, Rs 3.25 lakh instead of Rs 2 lakh. In case of damage to the house, the earlier Rs 1 lakh was given, which has been increased to Rs 1.20 lakh.
- Other important cabinet decisions:
- Amendment to Jharkhand State Police Under Inspector Appointment Rules, 2016.
- Constitution of Jharkhand Revenue Service Cadre Rules, 2023.
- Cabinet approves setting up of Bagodar Saria Sub-Divisional Court in Giridih district.
- Approval of the State Finance Accounts Report of the Accountant General for the financial year 2021-22.
- Approval for the establishment of C.V. Raman Global University.
- Cabinet approves the establishment of school and state & non-government libraries in the state.
- Amendment in Jharkhand Product Subordinate Service Cadre Rules-2013.
Switch to Hindi