Why in News?
According to the information received from the media on 31 May 2023, the people of Patna (capital of Bihar) will soon get an opportunity to see and understand the cosmic world on a 3D screen in the new auditorium of the planetarium, under which 200 people will be able to sit together and watch 3D and 2D shows.
- American 3D screens and German 3D projectors have been installed in the planetarium. The show will be aired for viewers in the third week of June.
- Four films have been selected for the 3D show by the department. Along with this, eight films of 2D have been selected.
- Viewers will also be provided with an active 3D glass worth around Rs 700 to watch the 3D show in the planetarium. After the show, all viewers will have to submit an active 3D glass.
- The planetarium will showcase world-class films on the solar system to the audience through six digital 3D projectors.
- At present, the work of floor fabrication and seating arrangement has been started in the planetarium. The modernization work of the planetarium is being done at a cost of about Rs 34 crore. The laser projector in the planetarium will mix RGB rays through a computer to create real colours for the 3D show.
- Along with this, a 3D sound system has also been developed for the audience, which will make the audience feel like reaching the galaxy through background sound.
- These four 3D films were selected:
- Astroy Mission: In this, the audience will be given information about the structure of the asteroid and its effect on mankind.
- VR Stars: In addition to giving information about the origin and evolution of stars, the audience will be shown the internal structure of the stars.
- Voyager Mission: In this, detailed information about the Voyager mission will be given. Along with this, exciting pictures of Jupiter and Saturn will be shown.
- Space Next: In this film, the audience will be told in detail about the space journey.
- Viewers will be able to book tickets for the 2D & 3D shows running in the planetarium. An E-ticketing facility will be provided to the people for the audience by the planetarium management. In addition to e-tickets, manual tickets will also be provided to the audience. A total of eight shows will be run for the audience in a day. There will be four 2D & four 3D shows.
- The rate of the ticket has also been fixed by the department. For children up to 14 years of age, the ticket price for 2D shows will be Rs 50 and for 3D shows, it will be Rs 60. For those above 14 years of age, the ticket price will be Rs 80 for 2D shows and Rs 100 for 3D shows. Apart from this, a fee of Rs 10 and Rs 20 will be kept for the group of school children.
Why In News?
- On May 30, 2023, in the meeting of the Council of Ministers chaired by Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, MoU was approved between the Airports Authority of India and the Government of Bihar for the construction of new civil enclaves in Darbhanga and Purnea .
- With this decision of the Council of Ministers, the work of construction of a new terminal building will start at both these airports of the state.
- After this decision of the cabinet, while the facilities at Darbhanga airport will be expanded, the hurdle in starting air service from Purnea airport has now been removed.
- The MoU mainly mentions that the state government will make available the land it will acquire for the airport without any encroachment. Road connectivity will be provided from Fourline. Will ensure availability of electricity and water.
- Significantly, under the 'Udaan' scheme, in the year 2016, Prime Minister Narendra Modi had announced to start of air service by making a civil enclave from Purnea's Chunapur Airport.
- With the construction of the airport in Purnea, not only Seemanchal and Kosi but also the population of crores of 10 surrounding districts will get the direct benefit of the airport. People will not have to go to Bagdogra for flights. With the opening of the airport, the development of the district will double.
Switch to Hindi