Why in News?
On 31 May 2023, Muzaffarpur District’s Sports Officer Mithilesh Kumar said that under the joint auspices of Bihar Art Culture & Youth Department and Bihar State Sports Authority Patna, a State-Level School Judo Under-19 boys & girls selection competition was organized at Khel Bhavan in Sikandarpur of Muzaffarpur district, in which 16 (10 boys and 6 girls) players were selected.
- More than 60 players from different districts of Bihar participated in this selection competition. Most of the players in the selected team are from Lakhisarai and Begusarai districts.
- The School Games Federation of India (SGFI) will organise a State-Level School Judo U-19 competition in New Delhi and Madhya Pradesh from June 6 to 12.
- Among the selected players, Shyam Kumar-BP Inter School Begusarai, Md. Afzal-DPS Majhaul Begusarai, Soumya Kumar-Commerce Inter College Muzaffarpur, Ajit Kumar and Ramji-Plus 2 R.U.V. Barahia Lakhisarai, Akshat Kumar and Rishabh Savarna - Shri Ramavtar Singh Senior Secondary School Lakhisarai, Shivanshu Suman-Sant Paul School Begusarai, Nitin Raj and Abhinandan Kumar-CS DAV Public School Motihari are included.
- Among the selected players in the girls' category, Lakshmi Kumari High School Gauripur Lattipur Bhagalpur, Anshika Kumari G.B.O. 10 +2 Utkramit Vidyalaya Banswar Buxar, Priyanshu Kumari J.D. Women's College Patna, Muskan Kumari Women's College Khagaul Patna, Mansi Kumari 10 +2 Rajkiya Utkramit Vidyalaya Barhia Lakhisarai, Nazrana Naaz Urdu Girls High School Asanandarpur Bhagalpur are included.
Why In News?
According to information received from the media on 1 June 2023, in view of the demands of the employees in the health sector of Bihar, the Health Department has decided to form a Para Medical Council for the first time in the state.
- There are many such institutions in the state so far, in which the correct data on health workers is not available. Also, such employees are not being registered. In view of this shortage, the Health Department has decided to form a Para Medical Council.
- The council will have 10 members, including the chairman. Also, a para-medical manual is being prepared by the department.
- According to official sources of the Health Department, so far there is no statutory institution for technical education such as X-ray Technician, Radiology Assistant, Dental Assistant, Medical Laboratory Assistant, Ophthalmic Assistant, Operation Theatre Assistant, CT Scan Technician, ECG Assistant, ECG Technician, Dialysis Technician, MRI Technician, Medical Laboratory Technologist, Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy, Dresser, Audiology Assistant.
- In such a situation, without registration, the government does not have information about how many students have what degree in which field in the state.
- At the time of registration, the valid certificates of the students doing paramedical will also be checked. With this, those who take fake degrees will also be caught.
- According to sources, the para-medical council is being formed on the lines of the nursing council, pharmacy council & medical council. Preparations for the formation of this council in the department have been completed. Soon it will get the approval of the Cabinet.
Switch to Hindi