Van Dhan Internship Programme
- 17 Oct 2019
- 2 min read
“Van Dhan Internship Programme” organised by TRIFED under Ministry of Tribal Affairs has recently been launched by the government.
- 18 interns (to be called Minister’s interns) from some of the reputed institutes of rural management, social work and Social Services of the country are participating in the “Van Dhan Internship Programme”.
- These interns have been selected to enhance the output of Van Dhan programme to make the tribal population self-reliant.
- They will support the Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India (TRIFED) activities on livelihood promotion, marketing and credit linkages, etc.
- They will develop tools and techniques on institutional development including a mechanism for determination of a just price or producer price of Minor Forest Products.
Van Dhan Yojana
- Van Dhan Yojana was launched in 2018, in Chhattisgarh. A Van Dhan Vikas Kendra was set up under the program.
- The Van Dhan Vikas Kendra will cater to ten Self Help Groups of thirty tribal gatherers each.
- The selection of the tribal beneficiaries and formation of the SHGs has been undertaken by TRIFED.
- The Van Dhan Vikas Kendras will boost the economic development of tribals involved in the collection of Minor Forest Produce (MFP) and provide a sustainable MFP-based livelihood in MFP-rich districts.