- 05 May 2020
- 1 min read
Why in News
Recently, the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has developed an Ultra Violet (UV) Disinfection Tower for rapid and chemical free disinfection of high infection prone areas.
- The equipment named “UV blaster” is designed and developed by Laser Science & Technology Centre (LASTEC) with the help of M/s New Age Instruments and Materials Private Limited, Gurugram
- LASTEC is the Delhi based premier laboratory of DRDO.
- The UV blaster is a UV based area sanitiser useful for high tech surfaces like electronic equipment, computers and other gadgets in laboratories and offices that are not suitable for disinfection with chemical methods.
- The product is also effective for areas with large flow of people such as airports, shopping malls, metros, hotels, factories, offices, etc.
- The UV based area sanitiser may be used by remote operation through laptop/mobile phone using wifi link.
- The sanitiser switches off on accidental opening of room or human intervention.
- It is also being considered as the key to arm operation.