Unnat Bharat Abhiyan
- 17 Mar 2020
- 2 min read
Why in News
Recently, information related to the Unnat Bharat Abhiyan (UBA) was given by the Ministry for Human Resource Development (MHRD).
- Unnat Bharat Abhiyan is a flagship program of the Ministry for Human Resource Development (MHRD).
- It aims to link the Higher Education Institutions with a set of at least (5) villages, so that these institutions can contribute to the economic and social betterment of these village communities using their knowledge base.
- Main Objectives:
- To engage the faculty and students of Higher Educational Institutions (HEIs) in identifying development issues in rural areas and finding sustainable solutions for the same.
- Identify & select existing innovative technologies, enable customisation of technologies, or devise implementation methods for innovative solutions, as required by the people.
- To allow HEIs to contribute to devising systems for smooth implementation of various Government programmes.
- Unnat Bharat Abhiyan 2.0
- It is the upgraded version of Unnat Bharat Abhiyan 1.0. It was launched in 2018.
- The scheme is extended to all educational institutes; however under Unnat Bharat Abhiyan 2.0 participating institutes are selected based on the fulfillment of certain criteria.
- Performance So Far
- Currently under the scheme, 13072 villages have been adopted by 2474 Institutes.
- The technological interventions under the UBA cover different subjects broadly categorized like in the area of sustainable agriculture; water resource management; artisans, industries and livelihood; basic amenities (infrastructure & services) and rural energy system.
- This has transformed the living conditions in villages and has been beneficial for rural India.