Three Capitals for Andhra Pradesh
- 18 Dec 2019
- 1 min read
Why in News
The Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh recently hinted that the State could have three Capitals for decentralised development, on the lines of the ones in the Republic of South Africa.
- The state can have three capitals — legislative, executive and judicial.
- Visakhapatnam, which has infrastructure, can be considered for being the executive capital without much investment.
- Amaravati can be retained as the legislative capital.
- Kurnool can be considered as the judicial capital.
- The decision will be taken after discussing the details, logistic and reports by reputed consultancy firms.
- Republic of South Africa has three capitals:
- Pretoria, the administrative capital
- Cape Town, the legislative capital
- Bloemfontein, the judicial capital
- The Constitutional Court is located in Johannesburg.