Surya Kiran XVI
- 16 Dec 2022
- 1 min read
Why in News?
The 16th Edition of Indo-Nepal joint training Exercise “Surya Kiran” between India and Nepal is being conducted at Saljhandi, Nepal.
What is Surya Kiran?
- It is a military exercise conducted annually between India and Nepal.
- The objective of this exercise is to:
- Establish military relations in inaccessible mountainous areas by the soldiers of both countries,
- Provide humanitarian assistance under disaster management,
- Get training in anti-terrorist operations,
- Build interoperability and sharing expertise between the two countries.
- The 15th edition of Surya Kiran took place at Pithoragarh in Uttarakhand, India.