Solar DC Cooking System
- 24 Sep 2021
- 2 min read
Why in News
Recently, the solar DC cooking technology was developed by the Central Mechanical Engineering Research Institute (CMERI).
- The CMERI is an institute under the Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR).
- It is a Solar Energy based Cooking System which consists of a solar PV panel, charge controller, battery bank and cooking oven.
- It provides a Clean Cooking Environment, Invertor-Less Direct Operation, Fast and Uniform Heating and a potential to save 1 ton Carbon Dioxide emissions per year/household.
- It has 20-25% better efficiency and is more Economical in comparison with Conventional Solar based Cooking Systems which loses efficiency owing to AC-DC conversion.
- The simple Technology Design also ensures Ease-of-Manufacturing and thus provides a substantial Economic Opportunity for the Micro-Industries.
- It will cost in the range of Rs 65,000- Rs 70,000 and if Government subsidies are provided there will be a significant reduction in the price of the product.
- Widespread usage the system can also play a critical role in achieving the target of 200 GW of Solar energy and also to save almost 290 million tons of Carbon Dioxide emissions.
- Along with the widening of the popularity base of Technology, there is a probability of improvement in Job Prospects.
- Government Schemes Related to Solar Energy: