Important Facts For Prelims
- 21 Jan 2021
- 1 min read
Why in News
Recently, Pakistan has successfully test-fired the Shaheen-III missile.
- Shaheen-III Missile of Pakistan:
- It is a nuclear-capable surface-to-surface ballistic missile which can strike targets up to 2,750 km.
- The launch of the missile was aimed at revalidating various design and technical parameters of the weapon system.
- Other Recent Developments:
- China had recently asked India to “objectively” view the Eagle-IX (or Shaheen-IX) military exercise taking place between the Chinese and Pakistani air forces, amid increasing tensions with India.
- Some of India's Ballistic Missiles:
- Shaurya missile,
- Prithvi missile,
- Agni missile,
- Dhanush, etc.