Prime Minister's Awards for Excellence in PubAd 2020
- 26 Aug 2020
- 2 min read
Why in News
Recently, 702 Districts have registered and participated in the Prime Minister's Awards for Excellence in Public Administration for 2020.
- The government had launched PM’s Awards portal in July 2020 to register and participate for the Award.
- The Award will be conferred by the Prime Minister on Rashtriya Ekta Diwas -31st October 2020 at the Statue of Unity, Gujarat.
- PM’s Awards for Excellence in Public Administration:
- It was constituted in 2006 by the Government of India to acknowledge, recognize and reward the extraordinary and innovative work done by districts and organizations of the Central and State Governments.
- The award consists of a trophy, scroll and an incentive of Rs. 10 lakh to the awarded district or organization to be utilized for implementation of project/ programme or bridging resource gaps in any area of public welfare.
- The award programme was restructured in 2014 for recognizing the performance of District Collectors in Priority Programs, Innovations and Aspirational Districts.
- It has been restructured again in 2020, to recognize the contribution of civil servants in strengthening of:
- The restructuring also seeks to recognize the efforts of District level officials in the Namami Gange Program and to recognize the performance of District Collectors towards economic development of the District.
- The award for the Aspirational Districts Program has been revamped to reward the District having the best overall progress under the Scheme following 2 years of implementation.
- Through restructuring, the scope of the awards has been expanded to identify areas of overall outcome-oriented performance in the districts across sectors.