National Institutes of Pharmaceutical Education and Research
- 15 May 2020
- 2 min read
Why in News
A large number of multi-faceted research proposals have been submitted by various National Institutes of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPERs), towards the containment, identification and treatment of Covid-19 to relevant agencies for approval.
- Also, these institutes are working on several projects. For example, NIPER Guwahati has come up with a “hands-free object” for touch-less opening of doors, drawers & elevators.
- National Institutes of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPERs) are the institutes of national importance under the aegis of the Department of Pharmaceutical, Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers.
- The seven institutes are functional at Ahmedabad (Gujarat), Hyderabad (Telangana), Hajipur (Bihar), Kolkata (West Bengal), Guwahati (Assam), Mohali (Punjab), and Raebareli (Uttar Pradesh).
- The Institute is conceived to provide leadership in pharmaceutical sciences and related areas not only within the country, but also to the countries in SouthEast Asia, South Asia and Africa.
- NIPER, Mohali is a member of Association of Indian Universities and Association of Commonwealth Universities.
- Association of Indian Universities (AIU), formed in 1925 as Inter-University Board (IUB), is an association of all universities in India. It is actively engaged in the growth and development of higher education.
- The Association of Commonwealth Universities is an international organisation dedicated to building a better world through higher education in over 50 countries across the Commonwealth.
- Thrust Areas of Research: