National Educational Alliance for Technology (NEAT) Scheme
- 20 Sep 2019
- 3 min read
Recently, the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) has announced a new National Educational Alliance for Technology (NEAT) to use technology for better learning outcomes in Higher Education.
- The scheme aims to use Artificial Intelligence to make learning more personalized and customized as per the requirements of the learner.
- MHRD aims to recognize the development of technologies in Adaptive Learning and bring them under a common platform so that learners can access it easily.
- It proposes to create a National Alliance with such technology developing EdTech Companies through a Public-Private Partnership (PPP) model.
- MHRD would act as a facilitator to ensure that the Adaptive Learning Solutions are freely available to a large number of economically backward students.
- Under the scheme, a National NEAT platform would be created to provide one-stop access to Adaptive Learning Solutions.
- EdTech companies would be responsible for developing solutions and manage the registration of learners through the NEAT portal.
- NEAT is aimed at taking the concept of Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCS) platform a step ahead.
- All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) would be the implementing agency for the NEAT programme.
- It would help to certify maximum students with highly marketable skills and would also improve the employability of students.
All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)
- It was set up in November 1945 as a national-level apex advisory body.
- Its purpose was to conduct a survey on the facilities available for technical education and to promote development in the country in a coordinated and integrated manner.
- According to the National Policy of Education (1986), AICTE is vested with:
- Statutory authority for planning, formulation, and maintenance of norms & standards,
- Quality assurance through accreditation,
- Funding in priority areas, monitoring, and evaluation,
- Maintaining parity of certification & awards,
- The management of technical education in the country.