National Award for Innovations and Good Practices in Educational Administration
- 12 Feb 2022
- 2 min read
Why in News?
Recently, the Ministry of Education presented the 5th National Award for Innovations and Good Practices in Educational Administration (IGPEA).
- The National Institute of Educational Planning and Administration (NIEPA) has instituted the National Award for IGPEA for District and Block Level Education Officers.
- NIEPA, under the MInistry of Education, is a premier organization dealing with capacity building and research in planning and management of education not only in India but also in South Asia.
What are the key things about the award?
- It was launched by NIEPA in 2014 with an aim to encourage innovations and good practices in educational administration at grassroot level for improving the functioning of the public system of education.
- To recognise innovative ideas and practices adopted by the district and block level education officers for effective management of the educational administrative system at the district and block levels.
- The educational officers at the field level are also an essential link between system level administration and institutional level management of education. Role of these officers is crucial in the process of implementation of policies and programmes at the field level.
- Some of the major areas wherein the officers have initiated many interventions include – the use of ICT to the extent of digital classrooms, use of Facebook and WhatsApp; mobilization of physical, human and financial resources; improving infrastructure facilities within the schools, community mobilization and support; skill building, especially language skills; capacity building of the teachers and interventions related to enhancement in the quality of the overall function of the schools.