Nagpur Resolution for Empowering Citizens
- 23 Dec 2019
- 3 min read
Why in News
Recently, the ‘Nagpur Resolution- A Holistic Approach for Empowering Citizens’ was adopted during the session on ‘Improving Public Service Delivery – Role of Governments’, in Nagpur, Maharashtra.
- The conference was organised by the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG), Government of India, in collaboration with the Government of Maharashtra and the Maharashtra State Commission for Right to Public Services.
- The emphasis of the government is on Minimum Government, Maximum Governance to promote transparency, citizen centricity and participation.
- For good governance, Shillong Declaration and Jammu Resolution have been adopted earlier.
- DARPG organised the conference in Jammu after the formation of J&K and Ladakh as Union Territories.
Nagpur Resolution: A Holistic Approach for Empowering Citizens
- The Conference resolved that Government of India and the Government of Maharashtra shall collaborate to-
- Better Service Delivery: To empower the citizens by policy interventions for better service delivery through timely updation of citizens charters, implementation of enactments and benchmarking standards for continuous improvement.
- Grievance Redressal: To adopt a holistic approach of systemic public grievance reforms through improved mapping, formulation of monitoring matrix, data collection and evaluation in quality of grievance redressal. To empower citizens by adopting a bottom-up approach to bring massive improvements in quality of grievance redressal and reduction in timelines of it.
- Use of Technology: To provide an enabling environment for States and Ministries/ Departments of the Government of India for creating web portals and to adopt a holistic approach for improved service delivery through digital platforms.
- Dynamic Policy Making: To focus on dynamic policy making and strategic decisions, monitoring of implementation, appointment of key personnel, coordination and evaluation.
- Exchange of Technical Expertise: To achieve a sense of common identity by exchange of technical expertise in the areas of Improved Service Delivery between the paired States under the Ek Bharat – Shreshtha Bharat Program.
- Good Governance Index: To ensure timely publication of Good Governance Index to identify the quality of governance in 10 sectors especially those pertaining to welfare and infrastructure at the Union, State and District levels.