Mega Virtual Summit on Artificial Intelligence
- 25 Sep 2020
- 3 min read
Why in News
The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) and NITI Aayog will organize a Mega Virtual Summit on Artificial Intelligence (AI), RAISE 2020- ‘Responsible AI for Social Empowerment 2020,’ from October 5-9, 2020.
- RAISE 2020 is a first of its kind, global meeting of minds on Artificial Intelligence to drive India's vision and roadmap for social transformation, inclusion and empowerment through responsible AI.
- This includes using AI in areas like Health, Agriculture, Education, Skilling, Mobility, Fintech, Research, Inclusive AI, Future of Work, among others.
- The event will witness participation from global industry leaders, key opinion makers, Government representatives and academia.
- It will also feature some startups working in AI-related fields.
- India in AI:
- Industry analysts predict that AI could add up to 957 billion USD to India’s economy by 2035.
- India can leverage AI for inclusive development, representing the country's 'AI for All' strategy.
- India has launched National AI Strategy and National AI Portal and has also started leveraging AI across various sectors such as education, agriculture, healthcare, e-commerce, finance, telecommunications, etc.
- Recently, India joined the 'Global Partnership on Artificial Intelligence (GPAI)' as a founding member to support the responsible and human-centric development and use of Artificial Intelligence (AI).
- It describes the action of machines accomplishing tasks that have historically required human intelligence.
- It includes technologies like machine learning, pattern recognition, big data, neural networks, self algorithms etc.
- Example: Facebook’s list of suggested friends for its users, self-driving cars, etc.
- AI automates processes and reduces human error but the principal limitation of AI is that it learns from the data. This means any inaccuracies in the data will be reflected in the results.
- It is important to make AI responsible as it can be misused for various purposes like Deep Fakes, Cybercrimes, Social Manipulation etc.