Janaushadhi Sugam Mobile App
- 01 May 2020
- 2 min read
Why in News
Due to nationwide lockdown because of Covid-19 crisis, people are using Janaushadhi Sugam Mobile App to locate their nearest Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Kendra (PMBJK) and availability of affordable generic medicine with its price.
- Janaushadhi Sugam App has been developed by the Bureau of Pharma PSUs of India (BPPI) under Department of Pharmaceuticals, Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers.
- It helps people to
- Locate nearby Janaushadhi kendras(through Google Maps).
- Search Janaushadhi generic medicine.
- Analyse product comparison of generic v/s branded medicines in the form of MRP & overall savings etc.
- Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Kendras (PMBJK) are set up across the country under Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Jan Aushadhi Pariyojana (PMBJP) so as to provide generic medicines.
- Generic drugs are marketed under a non-proprietary or approved name rather than brand name. These are equally effective and inexpensive compared to their counterparts.
- By taking generic medicines patients can reduce his/her expenditure on medicines drastically.
- Generic medicines are sold at 50% to 90% lesser prices as compared to the market prices of branded medicines.
- The Bureau of Pharma PSUs of India (BPPI) is the implementing agency for PMBJP.
- All drugs procured under this scheme are tested for quality assurance at NABL (National Accreditation Board Laboratories) accredited laboratories and are compliant with WHO GMP (World Health Organisation’s Good Manufacturing Practices) benchmarks.
- Government grants of up to 2.5 lakhs are provided for setting up of PMBJKs.
- They can be set up by doctors, pharmacists, entrepreneurs, Self Help Groups, NGOs, Charitable Societies, etc. at any suitable place or outside the hospital premises.