- 16 Sep 2019
- 1 min read
Jaldoot is a unique initiative that is designed to take the message of water conservation to masses.
- Regional Outreach Bureau (ROB under the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting), Pune in association with MSRTC (Maharashtra State Road Transport Corporation) is going to launch the Jaldoot campaign.
- The ROB has designed a bus to create the Jaldoot: A Travelling Exhibition on Jalshakti Abhiyan.
- The exhibition consists of various information display panels and audio-visual components.
- The Song & Drama Division cultural troupes and artists will travel along the bus to create awareness about the Government’s initiative.
- The bus will visit 8 districts of Maharashtra in the next 2 months.
- The field units at those locations will conduct different activities like competitions, rallies, cultural programmes, on the sidelines of the visit of the bus, in order to create awareness on water conservation efforts.
- To tackle the water crisis looming throughout the country, the Government of India launched the Jal Shakti Abhiyan in 2019.
- It is a water conservation campaign focusing on 1592 stressed blocks in 256 districts across the country.