Indian Railways Institute of Financial Management
- 25 Nov 2019
- 1 min read
The Railway Board Chairman has inaugurated the Indian Railways Institute of Financial Management (IRIFM) at Moula Ali in Hyderabad.
- The Institute will impart structured and professional training to finance and accounts officers of the railways.
- Built by the Rail Vikas Nigam Limited (RVNL), IRIFM would be meeting 90% of its electricity needs through solar power, is covered with rainwater harvesting structures and has a 100% wastewater treatment plant.
- RVNL has also been tasked for building India's first railways university - National Rail and Transportation Institute, at Vadodara (Gujarat).
Rail Vikas Nigam Limited
- RVNL functions as an extended arm of the Ministry of Railways (MoR) working for & on behalf of MoR.
- It has been granted Mini Ratna-I status in 2013.