- 01 Nov 2022
- 1 min read
Why in News?
Recently, the Indian Navy participated in the first edition of India-Mozambique-Tanzania Trilateral Exercise (IMT TRILAT), a Joint Maritime Exercise among the Indian, Mozambique and Tanzanian navies commenced at Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania.
What are the Key Highlights of the Exercise?
- India’s Participation:
- The Indian Navy is represented by the guided missile frigate, INS Tarkash, a Chetak helicopter and MARCOS (Special Forces).
- Capability development to address common threats through training and sharing of best practices.
- Enhancing interoperability.
- Strengthening maritime cooperation.
- These exercises reflect India's and the Indian Navy's commitment to enhancing maritime security and cooperation with maritime neighbours in the Indian Ocean Region and promoting SAGAR, Safety and Growth for All in the Region.