Exercise Shantir Ogroshena
- 13 Apr 2021
- 1 min read
Why in News
Multinational military exercise Shantir Ogroshena, which went for 10 days in Bangladesh, concluded on 12th April 2021.
- The year 2021 marks the 50th anniversary of diplomatic relations between India and Bangladesh.
- About the Exercise:
- The exercise was organised to commemorate the birth centenary of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, Bangladesh’s Father of the Nation and celebrate the golden jubilee of the liberation of Bangladesh.
- It was held at Bangabandhu Senanibas (BBS), Bangladesh.
- ‘Shantir Ogroshena’ 2021 means “Front Runner of the Peace”.
- Countries that Participated:
- Troops from India, Bangladesh, Bhutan and Sri Lanka participated in the exercise with observers from the USA, UK, Russia, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and Singapore.
- Other Exercises involving Bangladesh:
- SAMPRITI (Army).
- TABLE TOP (Air).
- IN-BN CORPAT (Navy).
- SAMVEDNA (Multinational Air Exercise with Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka and UAE).