- 20 Aug 2019
- 1 min read
The government is working to limit procedural delays to reduce the time for environment clearance to 60 days.
- To meet the ambitious goal of $5-trillion economy, the government intends to increase investment by fastening the process of environmental clearances to businesses.
- As claimed by Environment Minister, environmental clearances usually took around 640 days before 2014, which has been reduced to 108 days.
Environmental Clearance Process
- The process of granting of environment clearance includes:
- Specifying Terms of Reference(ToR).
- Preparing Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) report.
- Holding Public Consultation.