Divya Kala Shakti: Witnessing the Abilities in Disabilities
- 12 Mar 2020
- 2 min read
Why in News
The first ever regional event “Divya Kala Shakti: Witnessing the Abilities in Disabilities” is being organized in Chennai (Tamil Nadu) on 12th March, 2020.
- Divya Kala Shakti is a cultural event which provides a wider and unique platform to showcase the potential of Persons with Differently Abled in the field of performing art, music, dance, acrobatics etc.
- The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment had organized the event at national level on 18th April and 23rd July 2019.
- In Chennai, the event is being organized by the National Institute for Empowerment of Persons with Multiple Disabilities (Divyangjan), Chennai in collaboration with Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (Divyangjan), Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India.
- About 98 children and youth with different disabilities from the Southern region will participate in the event. They will perform dance, music, etc. in classical, folk and modern style.
- This event also includes for the first time Yoga and Acrobatics.
- National Institute for Empowerment of Persons with Multiple Disabilities (NIEPMD) was established in the year 2005 in Chennai under the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities. It serves as a national resource center for empowerment of persons with Multiple Disabilities.