Important Facts For Prelims
Switch To Hindi
- 08 May 2021
- 1 min read
Why in News
Recently, the Taliban has captured Afghanistan’s second-biggest dam - Dahla Dam.
- Dahla Dam:
- The Dahla Dam is also known as Arghandab Dam.
- It is located in the Shah Wali Kot District of Kandahar Province, Afghanistan.
- It was constructed in 1952 by the USA.
- It is built on the Arghandab River.
- Dams built by India in Afghanistan:
- Pact for Construction of Shahtoot Dam on Kabul River.
- Afghanistan-India Friendship Dam (Salma Dam).