Central Institute of Petrochemicals Engineering & Technology
- 29 May 2020
- 1 min read
Why in News
Recently, the Central Institute of Plastics Engineering & Technology (CIPET) has been renamed as the Central Institute of Petrochemicals Engineering & Technology (CIPET).
- The changed name has been registered under the Tamil Nadu Societies Registration Act 1975.
- CIPET is a premier national institution under the Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers.
- It was established in 1968 by the Government of India with the assistance of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) at Chennai.
- The primary objective of CIPET has been contributing towards the growth of the plastics industry through a combined program of education and research.
- With the change in name, now CIPET will be in a position to fully devote itself for the growth of the entire petrochemical sector with a focus on academics, skilling, technology support and research.