36th CISO Deep-Dive Training Programme
- 10 May 2023
- 4 min read
Why in News?
The National e-Governance Division (NeGD), under its Capacity Building scheme, organised 36th CISO Deep-Dive training programme with 24 participants from Central Line Ministries and States/UTs at Indian Institute of Public Administration, New Delhi.
- The training program is a part of a series of workshops organised under the Cyber Surakshit Bharat initiative.
What is Cyber Surakshit Bharat Initiative?
- The Cyber Surakshit Bharat initiative was conceptualised with the mission to spread awareness about cyber-crime and build capacities of Chief Information Security Officers (CISOs) and frontline IT officials, across all government departments.
- It was launched by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) in 2018 in cooperation with National e-Governance Division (NeGD) and various industry partners in India.
What is CISOs Deep Dive Training?
- It is the first-of-its-kind partnership between the Government and industry consortium under Public Private Partnership (PPP) model.
- Create awareness on the emerging landscape of cyber threats.
- Provide in-depth understanding of related solutions.
- Applicable frameworks, guidelines & policies related to cyber security.
- Share best practices to learn from success & failures.
- Provide key inputs to take informed decisions on Cyber Security related issues in their respective functional area.
- The programme is organised for chief information security officers (CISOs) and frontline IT officials from various ministries and departments, government and semi-government organisations from central and state governments, PSUs, and banks among others.
- NeGD provides logistic support in arranging the training programmes, whereas the industry consortium provides technical support for the training.
- The training partners from the industry are Microsoft, IBM, Intel, Palo Alto Networks, E&Y, and Dell-EMC, NIC, CERT-In, and CDAC are knowledge partners from the Government side.
What are the Other Initiatives Related to Enhancing Cyber Security?
- National Cyber Security Strategy 2020
- National Critical Information Infrastructure Protection Centre (NCIIPC)
- Indian Cyber Crime Coordination Centre (I4C)
- National Cyber Crime Reporting Portal
- Computer Emergency Response Team - India (CERT-In)
- Digital Personal Data Protection Bill 2022
- Defence Cyber Agency (DCyA)
- Digital India Bill, 2023
- Cyber Swachhta Kendra: In 2017, this platform was introduced for internet users to clean their computers and devices by wiping out viruses and malware.