Vidyalakshmi Portal for Higher Education
- 04 Aug 2018
- 1 min read
The Vidyalakshmi portal was launched by the Government of India in 2015 to provide financial assistance in the form of scholarships and educational loans to the poor and middle class students to pursue higher education of their choice without any constraint of funds.
- The Vidyalakshmi portal is a first of its kind portal for students seeking educational loans.
- The portal has been developed and maintained by NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited (NSDL e-Gov) under the guidance of Ministry of Finance,Ministry of Human Resource Development and Indian Banks Association (IBA).
- Students can track there application status to the banks 24 hours by accessing the dashboard of the portal.
- It provides for a single window mechanism for the application and disbursement of government scholarships and educational loans provided by the banks.
- It also envisions to bring all the banks providing educational loans under one roof.