Why in News
- The Madhya Pradesh Panchayat Raj and Gram Swaraj (Second Amendment) Ordinance, 2021 was promulgated by the Governor of Madhya Pradesh on December 30, 2021.
- Through this ordinance, a new section 10A has been added in the Madhya Pradesh Panchayat Raj and Village Swaraj Act, 1993.
- It is hereby provided that if the notification of election is issued by the State Election Commission for any reason within eighteen months from the date of publication of the delimitation or division of Panchayats or their wards or constituencies done before the expiry of the tenure of Panchayats. is not made, such delimitation or partition shall be deemed to have been canceled on the expiry of the period of eighteen months.
- In such a case the delimitation or division of these Panchayats and their wards and constituencies will be done afresh.
- Delimitation proceedings were taken in September 2019 for the general election of Panchayats for the year 2020 in the state, which has been canceled as a result of this ordinance.
- Now the process of delimitation and division of Panchayats and their wards and constituencies will be done again, on the basis of which the pending process of election will be completed.
Why in News
- Recently Dassault Systemes (Euronext Paris) has partnered with Texmin Foundation, a technology innovation hub of IIT Dhanbad, to set up a world-class center of excellence in India that will provide specialized technology support to mining and allied industries and Will prepare the workforce for the future.
- As a technology and solutions partner, Dassault Systems will provide geological modeling, mine engineering, workforce and production scheduling to support the industrial and startup ecosystem through its 3DEXPERIENCE platform. Also will provide experiential learning with complete pit-to-port optimization up to supply chain optimization, portfolio optimization, plant design.
- This partnership will empower students and professionals with unique learning opportunities and prepare them for this fast-paced industry.
- Courses and programs will be built on the 3DEXPERIENCE® platform combining virtual worlds that provide a source to unlock the potential of complete digital transformation and experience the new reality of sustainable mining and metals.
Why in News
- Recently, the Education Department of Chhattisgarh said that a campaign will be launched from the new year for special education of basic education and mathematics of children studying in schools. Children up to class VIII will be made proficient in this 100-day long campaign.
- According to the information received from the Education Department, instructions have been issued in this regard to all the District Education Officers, Principal Diet, District Mission Coordinator, Samagra Shiksha. The instruction suggests language and math activities for 14 weeks in the campaign.
- All the districts and blocks will prepare the language and mathematics related Professional Learning Community (PLC) material at their own level.
- During the Corona lockdown, teachers in the state innovated under 'Padhai Tuhar Duar' to continue the studies of school children. In the second year, under Padhai Tuhar Duar-2.0, various competitions were organized from cluster to district level, giving practice of reading, writing, math, science experiments and making group projects.
- The judges in these competitions were selected from amongst the community and parents. This created a good atmosphere in the schools of the state, for which it is planned to implement this program to continue it further.
- Arrangements will be made to provide course material through social media to schools at local level in advance by designing interesting activities by extending week wise, subject wise material through Professional Learning Community (PLC) at local level.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi Inaugurated and Laid the Foundation Stone of Schemes Worth Rs 17,547 Crore
Why in News
- Recently, Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated and laid the foundation stone of schemes worth Rs 17,547 crore in a program organized in Haldwani (Nainital), including the inauguration of 06 schemes worth Rs 3420 crore and the foundation stone of 17 schemes worth Rs 14,127 crore.
- Speaking on the occasion, the Prime Minister said that the satellite center of AIIMS and the medical college of Pithoragarh would provide world class health facilities to the people of Kumaon and Terai region. Various road projects will give better connectivity to Kumaon. Work on Tanakpur bageshwar railway line will also start soon.
- Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami said that the Lakhwar multipurpose project worth five thousand seven hundred and forty seven crore rupees is also included in the inauguration and foundation stone of development schemes worth more than seventeen and a half thousand crores made by the Prime Minister.
- This project will generate 300 MW of hydroelectricity, which will not only make the state a 'power house' in the field of energy but will also generate employment on a large scale in the state. Along with this, drinking water will also be available to 6 states from this project.
- The Chief Minister said that Uttarakhand would become the first state in India to establish a satellite center in addition to AIIMS after the Central Government started the satellite center of AIIMS in Kumaon division at a cost of more than 500 crores.
- With the objective of providing high quality health facilities to the inaccessible areas of the hills, the way has also been paved for the construction of a medical college at Pithoragarh at a cost of Rs 455 crore. The government is also trying to build Manas Khand corridor in Kumaon region on the lines of Chardham Corridor. This, on one hand, will boost tourism in the region, while on the other hand the infrastructure of the entire Kumaon will get a boost.
- The Chief Minister said that the Jamrani Dam and Drinking Water Scheme, pending since the last forty-four years, is going to start soon. Due to the sincere efforts of the Central Government for the development of Integrated Urban Infrastructure Development in Haldwani, about twenty one hundred crore rupees have been approved.
Switch to Hindi