HAU First in the Country For The Second Time in a Row in The Atal Ranking of Agricultural Universities
Why in News
- Chaudhary Charan Singh Haryana Agricultural University, Hisar has topped the country in the Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation and Achievements released by the Ministry of Education, Government of India and All India Council for Technical Education on December 29, 2021.
- The nationwide Atal Ranking Scheme was launched in the year 2018. In the last year 2020 also, the university had secured the first rank, but at that time only 674 educational institutions had applied. This time 1438 universities and institutes from across the country including all IITs, NITs, IIS etc participated.
- The university has secured the fourth position in the country in the category of government and government aided universities.
- The main objective of Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation and Achievements is to promote innovation in higher educational institutions. In this, educational institutions are ranked on the basis of several indicators. The University includes intellectual property rights, programs and activities for innovation, start-up and entrepreneurship, pre-incubation and incubation infrastructure and facilities to support I&E and to support and promote I&E activities.
- The Vice Chancellor of Chaudhary Charan Singh Haryana Agricultural University informed that the ABIC Center established in the University is the first center in North India and second in India, which is promoting innovation, startups and entrepreneurship. It is known that the Ebic Center has also recently been awarded with the Best Incubation Center award in the country.
Switch to Hindi