Finance Minister Suresh Kumar Khanna Presented a Supplementary Budget of Rs 28 thousand 760 Crore in the Assembly
Why In News?
On November 29, 2023, on the second day of the winter session of the Uttar Pradesh Legislature, Finance Minister Suresh Kumar Khanna presented a supplementary budget of Rs 28,760.67 crore for the financial year 2023-24 in the Assembly.
- Rs 7421.21 crore has been proposed for new schemes in the supplementary budget. Rs 1946.39 crore has been earmarked for revenue expenditure and Rs 9714 crore for capital expenditure.
- Announcements made in the Supplementary Budget:
- The state government has announced an allocation of Rs 2000 crore for the 'Vishwakarma Shram Samman Yojana'.
- Under the 'PM Mitra Yojana', Rs 510 crore has been announced for the establishment of PM Mega Integrated Textile Zone and Apparel Park in Lucknow-Hardoi.
- Rs 100 crore has been allocated for the implementation of the Uttar Pradesh Data Centre Policy.
Switch to Hindi