Why In News?
Recently, Ashi from Bareilly won the Best Picture and Best Direction award for Lust Stories-2 at the Filmfare Awards- 2023 held in Mumbai.
- Ashi, a resident of Janakpuri, had gone to Mumbai in 2008. In 2013, he got a lot of recognition from Bombay Talkies. After that, Ashi is constantly climbing the stairs of success. Through her company, she is also giving employment to many people.
- As a producer, Ashi has made great films like Kalakaanti, Lust Stories, Ghost Stories. The four stories of Lust Story 2 have been directed by Karan Johar, Anurag Kashyap, Zoya Akhtar and Dibakar Banerjee.
- It is worth noting that earlier the first film of this series, Lust Stories, received an Anne Award.
Why In News?
According to the information received from the media on November 28, 2023, 'Sanskriti Utsav 2023' will be organized in the state from December 25 to January 26, 2024, to enrich the cultural heritage of Uttar Pradesh and to make folk art famous all over the world including the country.
- Being organized under the theme 'Uttar Pradesh Parv: Our Culture - Our Identity', this festival will provide a proper platform to folk artists at the village, block, tehsil, district, mandal and state level to showcase their talent.
- This festival will be organized by the Culture Department Uttar Pradesh across the state, in which many competitions will be included.
- These programs will be organized across the state mainly with the spirit of providing support to cultural genres like classical, sub-classical, folk drama and folk music.
- In this event, folk music prevalent in rural areas will also be given a lot of prominence and the winning artists will be honored and rewarded in competitions at all levels.
- The competition will be organized at tehsil headquarters from December 25 to 30, in which artists from villages, panchayat, block and tehsil level will participate. After this, selected artists of tehsil level will participate in the competition to be held at district headquarters from January 1 to 5, 2024.
- The competition will be organized at the divisional headquarters level from January 10 to 15, in which selected artists at the district level will participate. After this, the competition will reach the decisive position by going through three other stages and all the three stages of competitions will be held in Lucknow. Selected artists of the mandal level will get a chance to participate in practice and main events and will also be honored.
- Under the event, competitions related to khayal, dhrupad in classical singing, thumri, dadra, Chauti, Chauta, Jhula, Hora, Tappa, flute in playing, Shehnai, Harmonium, Sitar, Violin, Guitar, Sarangi, Veena, Tabla, Pakhawaj, Mridangam,Mnd Ghatam in sub-classical singing and tribal and folk instruments will be held. At the same time, there will be competitions related to Kathak, Bharatnatyam, Odissi, Mohiniyattam and other classical dances.
- Similarly, in folk dance, there will be competitions of Dhobia, Ahirva, Karma, Shyla, Domkach, Akhet and Nautanki, Ramlila, Raslila, Swang, Bhagat, Bahurupiya, Street Play etc. in folk dance.
- In folk singing, competitions will be organized in categories like Kajari, Chauti, Jhula, Birha, Alha, Nirgun, Folk Song, Qawwali and Sugam Sangeet under Songs, Ghazals, Bhajans and Patriotic Songs.
- Recorded music will be valid for solo dance and group dance. The winners will be awarded medals, certificates and mementos.
Why In News?
According to the information received from the media on November 28, 2023, the Uttar Pradesh government will develop a state-of-the-art and specialized portal to simplify the process of production, storage, purchase and distribution of biodiesel.
- The portal will be equipped with multiple features and will act as a 'one stop solution platform' for production, distribution, NOC clearance, license allocation, registration, litigation and payment related functions of biodiesel.
- Up Electronics Corporation Limited will develop a new modern web portal for the use of the New and Renewable Energy Development Agency (UPNEDA). The new portal will be able to complete the NOC and license allocation process related to production and distribution of biodiesel easily.
- It is noteworthy that the software agency receiving the task of developing the web portal will have to assist during its design, development, implementation and operational training as well as during the process of issuing NOCs and licenses.
- This web portal will be very wide and will work in Hindi and English medium. It will have many features including login of public officers including UPNEDA officials and login of district magistrates and monitoring of action plans. Apart from this, the portal will also include many other important information and details including the policies of the state government regarding biodiesel.
- The portal will be designed in such a way that it is able to work in integration with the investment friend. The website will have features like applicant registration, application approval, NOC module, payment module, renewal module, query submission, reporting module, SMS and email integration, cloud server, security audit, helpdesk module and SSL for web server domain.
- It will have a dashboard, which will have login interfaces like applicant login, manufacturing unit, retailer unit. It will be based on responsive design technology. Its data transfer bandwidth will be 1000 gigabytes per second, while up to 500 gigabytes will be equipped with the facility of disk-to-disk backup storage. Along with this, there will also be a live telecasting facility.
- This web portal will be user friendly and will also give a boost to the process of speedy dispute resolution.
Why In News?
According to information received from the media on November 28, 2023, the University Grants Commission (UGC) has given Lucknow University the status of Category-1 university. With this, the university will be able to start online and distance education courses by fulfilling the prescribed conditions. Along with this, he will also get the next level of academic autonomy.
- After becoming a Category-I institution recognized by the UGC, Lucknow University can now start courses in open and distance learning mode without the approval of the Commission if it fulfills the conditions prescribed under the UGC (Open and Distance Education) Regulations 2017 and amendments made from time to time. Also, new courses, programs, departments and centers can be started in related subjects without the approval of UGC.
- Apart from this, the university can take decisions such as starting new diploma and certificate courses within the geographical jurisdiction, opening off-campus centers within the geographical jurisdiction, starting skill courses, opening research park-incubation center-university social relations center, hiring foreign faculty, admitting more than 20 percent of the total number.
- Vice-Chancellor of Lucknow University Prof. Alok Kumar Rai said that Category-1 institutions enjoy greater academic and administrative autonomy, which enables them to design their curriculum, take administrative decisions, start innovative programmes, appoint foreign faculty and encourage current faculty.
- Dean Academic Prof. Mishra said the dean's university was already launching new innovative programmes in line with UGC rules like twinning, joint and dual degrees and online and distance learning. After getting Category-1 status, the number of formalities for any new beginning is reduced.
- Lucknow University had sent a proposal to the UGC to start distance and online courses after getting an A plus-plus grade in NAAC. It includes both undergraduate and master's courses. To start a distance and online course, the highest rank in NAAC is required. Now that the university has got category-1 status, it will not face any hurdle in starting the course.
Switch to Hindi