Why In News?
According to information received from the media on November 27, 2023, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has given the green signal to the construction of the country's first Telecom Center of Excellence in Saharanpur.
- It is noteworthy that the foundation stone of the country's first Telecom Center of Excellence will be laid on December 5, 2023. Here research will be done on connecting 5G with Artificial Intelligence (AI) and 6G.
- Telecom Center of Excellence will be built at the Saharanpur campus of IIT Roorkee at a cost of Rs 30 crore. This initiative will promote innovation and growth in the telecommunication sector. Besides, the youth of the state will also get employment in large numbers.
- The main objective of the Telecom Center of Excellence in Saharanpur is to develop and promote new technology in the field of telecom. The Center of Excellence will serve as a center of research and development, which will not only provide assistance to experts from various fields but will also help in solving problems through state-of-the-art technology.
- The main focus will be on where telecom can be used appropriately. In this, work will be done on upgrading e-learning, e-education, agriculture and satellite centres.
- 5G will be linked to AI, so that new technology devices can be developed. This will enable Saharanpur to attract investments from domestic and international firms and create a strong eco system for innovation and entrepreneurship.
- The Center of Excellence will contribute to the development of 5G and 6G technology, which will enable India to reduce its dependence on foreign technology and increase competition in the global market.
- It will also act as a platform for training and skill development in the field of telecom. It will provide opportunities to students, research and industry professionals to gain practical experience and acquire specialized skills.
- Research will be done on these sectors-
- Fundamentals of Advanced Wireless Communication
- 5G and wireless standards
- Millimeter Wave Transceiver Module Design
- AI/ML for Wireless Communication
- These will be the benefits-
- Standard Required Patent
- Last Mile Access
- Broadband access to remote or underserved areas
- Cellular Backhaul
- Storage Area Network
- Disaster Management
- Network Enabled Consumer Electronics
- Defense and Security
- Aerospace Aviation/Satellite Communication
- Virtual Reality
- Smart City
- Smart Manufacturing
Switch to Hindi