Uttar Pradesh Switch to Hindi
Nawab Wajid Ali Shah Zoological Park
Why in News
- On November 29, 2021, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath unveiled the 'Shatabdi Pillar' and released the postage stamp and centenary souvenir at the centenary celebrations of Nawab Wajid Ali Shah Zoological Garden.
- This centenary souvenir describes the achievements of the zoological park for 100 years.
- Along with this, he also released a book titled 'Chitrao Mein Chidiyaghar' and honored former administrators and former directors for their significant contribution in wildlife conservation.
- Only two zoological parks were built in the state in 70 years from 1947 to 2017, while one zoological park has been established in Gorakhpur in the last five years.
- This zoological park is situated in the middle of Lucknow, which is a center of attraction for the people of the state. Also, for the residents of Lucknow, the trees and plants here are naturally in the form of the largest plant of oxygen. A gallery has also been established here for the visually impaired.
Madhya Pradesh Switch to Hindi
Mukhyamantri Udyami Kranti Yojana
Why in News
- On November 29, 2021, 'Mukhyamantri Udyami Kranti Yojana' was launched by the Department of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises for the youth of the state to establish their own industry, service or business.
- Secretary, Department of Micro, Small, Medium Enterprises P Narhari presented the scheme in the Collector-Commissioner conference.
- Under this new scheme, a loan of Rs 1 lakh to 50 lakh will be given to the youth setting up manufacturing units and enterprises, while for the service sector, a loan of Rs 1 lakh to 25 lakh will be given.
- The benefit of Mukhyamantri Udyam Kranti Yojana will be available only for the establishment of new enterprises. The provisions of the scheme will remain the same for all categories of applicants. For financial assistance in this scheme, the applicant's age should be 18 to 40 years and the applicant should have passed the minimum 12th class as an educational qualification.
- The annual income of the family should not exceed Rs.12 lakhs. Eligibility will be given to those applicants who are not themselves defaulters of any bank or any financial institution. Similarly, the applicant should not be a beneficiary of any other self-employment scheme of the State or Central Government at present.
- In this scheme, under the interest subsidy scheme, interest subsidy at the rate of 3 percent per annum will be given to all categories of beneficiaries on the remaining loan disbursed by the bank, with a maximum moratorium period of 7 years.
- No interest subsidy will be admissible for the period during which the loan account of the beneficiary remains NPA. Reimbursement of interest subsidy will be given on an annual basis.
- Under the scheme, the guarantee fee will be given at the prevailing rate for a maximum period of 7 years along with the moratorium period. The scheme will be implemented by the Department of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises. The implementation of this scheme will be done through a consolidated portal.
Jharkhand Switch to Hindi
Torpa is the First Block in the State to Get 100% Covid-19 Vaccination
Why in News
- Recently, Torpa has become the first block in Jharkhand to achieve 100% COVID-19 vaccination coverage.
- This tribal-dominated block, located in the state's Khunti district, has achieved this feat despite opposition from villagers in the initial phase of the vaccination campaign.
- The hard work of the district administration officials and the support provided by the NGOs helped in creating awareness about vaccination and allaying the apprehensions about vaccination among the villagers.
- Torpa has a total of 95 villages and so far 55939 people (population above 18 years) have been vaccinated with the first dose. This is 100% of the population eligible for the vaccine; Also 70 percent of people have taken a second dose.
- Gayatri Mishra, Joint Secretary, Health and Family Welfare Department, on her recent visit to Torpa, inquired about the campaign started in Torpa.
Chhattisgarh Switch to Hindi
Nagri Dubraj Got GI Tag
Why in News
- In the meeting of the Geographical Indication Committee held at Gwalior on November 29, 2021, approval was given to give GI tag to the 'Nagri Dubraj' variety of paddy in Dhamtari development block of Chhattisgarh.
- 'Nagri Dubraj' is the second crop of the state of Chhattisgarh, which has got the Geographical Indication Registry tag, i.e. GI tag. Prior to this, the state has got a GI tag for the variety of cumin flower paddy.
- Nagari Dubraj is also called Basmati in Chhattisgarh, because this rice is used as a fragrant rice in traditional banquet programs of Chhattisgarh.
- The origin of the city Dubraj is believed to be from the Shringi Rishi Ashram area of Sihawa. It is also described in Valmiki Ramayana. In various research papers also, the source of Dubraj has been told to the city Sihawa.
- The rice coming out of the city of Dubraj is very fragrant. It is a completely indigenous variety and has small grains. Its rice is very soft to eat after cooking. One acre gives a maximum yield of six quintals. Paddy has a low height and maturity period of 125 days.
- According to the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), a Geographical Indication Tag is a type of label that gives a specific geographical identity to a particular crop, natural or artificial product. It is considered a right of intellectual property.
- The Indian Parliament had implemented 'Geographical Indications of Goods' in 1999 under the Registration and Protection Act. On this basis, the legal right of a specific item found in any area of India is given to that state, person or organization etc.
Uttarakhand Switch to Hindi
Late Dheeraj Naithani Remembrance State Level Badminton Competition
Why in News
- Pauri district was the champion in the Late Dheeraj remembrance state level badminton competition held in Dehradun from 26-28 November, 2021.
- In this competition held in Dehradun, Pauri was victorious in 50 plus men's category and 40 plus men's category.
- Under this competition, Arjun Singh Bisht of Pauri district became champion by defeating Sagir-Ahmad of Dehradun in 50 plus singles match and in 40 plus match, the pair of Pankaj Rawat and Ajit Singh Gusain of Pauri district defeated Ravi Rawat of Dehradun Education Department and Ravi Rawat of Dehradun Education Department. Defeated the pair of Parveen Juyal.
- Jagdish Negi of Pauri district has also received the best player award in the competition.
Switch to Hindi