Why In News?
- On November 28, 2022, a renowned handicraft artist from Madhya Pradesh was awarded the 'Shilp Guru Award' and five best handicrafts were awarded the National Award for Handicrafts at the grand 'Shilp Guru National Award' felicitation ceremony held at Vigyan Bhawan in New Delhi.
- Vice President Jagdeep Dhankhar and Union Minister Piyush Goyal felicitated the Shilp Guru Awardees with Gold Coins, Rs 2 lakh, Tamra Patra, Shawls and Certificates, and the National Award Winners were given a cash prize of Rs 1 lakh, a Tamra Patra and Certificates.
- Mohammad Yusuf Khatri of Dhar district of Madhya Pradesh has been awarded the Shilp Guru Award for the year 2017 for the conservation of tiger print handicraft heritage.
- Mohammad Naseer of Dhar district was honored with the year 2017 National Award for sari hand-block printing craft and Mubarik Khatri for hand block print on bamboo mats curtains and Late Pradeep Jharia and Pawan Kumar Jharia of Neemuch district for extinct Tarapur hand-block printing art. Late Pradeep Jharia's award was received by his wife Anusuiya Jharia.
- Mohammad Bilal Khatri of Dhar district was awarded the National Award for the year 2018 for bamboo mat hand-block print.
- It is noteworthy that in the said felicitation ceremony, 30 handicraftsmen from different fields related to handicrafts nominated from all over the country for the years 2017, 2018 and 2019 were honored with 'Shilp Guru Award' and 78 handicrafts were honored with 'National Handicraft Award'.
- The Shilp Guru Award, instituted in the year 2002 , is given to the best accomplished handicrafts who have done excellent work to advance the relevant art while playing the role of guru in the field of handicrafts.
Why In News?
- On November 28, 2022, Madhya Pradesh Energy Minister Pradhuman Singh Tomar said that a new record of highest power demand was set on November 27 in the history of the state. On this day, the demand for electricity in the state was recorded at 15,748 MW. Earlier, the highest power demand in the state was recorded at 15,692 MW on December 24, 2021.
- When the power demand in the state was recorded at 15,748 MW, Madhya Pradesh Eastern Region Power Distribution Company (Jabalpur, Sagar and Rewa divisions) had 4,319 MW, Madhya Pradesh Central Region Power Distribution Company (Bhopal and Gwalior Divisions) had 4,808 MW and Madhya Pradesh had 4,808 MW. The maximum demand of electricity was recorded at 6313 MW in the State Western Region Power Distribution Company (Indore and Ujjain divisions). Railways were given 308 MW power.
- On November 27, when the demand for electricity was recorded at 15,748 MW, the production share of Madhya Pradesh Power Generating Company's thermal and hydropower plants was 3,823 MW, Indira Sagar-Sardar Sarovar-Omkareshwar hydropower project's share was 820 MW, in the supply of electricity. The share of Central Sector was 4272 MW and that of IPP was 2521 MW. The state got 4311 MW electricity from other sources including renewable sources and banking.
Switch to Hindi