Why in News?
- On June 28, 2022, an order was issued by Gajendra Mishra, Joint Secretary, Labor Resources Department of Bihar, regarding grant of scholarship to about two lakh students of private ITIs.
- ITI students were deprived of scholarships due to non-issuance of orders from the state government following the central government's order. Taking cognizance of this, the Bihar government has announced that two lakh ITI students from Bihar studying in private Industrial Training Institutes (Private ITIs) will now get the benefit of scholarship.
- The amount of scholarship to two lakh students studying in private ITIs will be Rs 10,400 for students studying in engineering trade and Rs 8,480 for non-engineering students by the state government. The rest of the fee will be borne by the Central Government as scholarship.
- It is worth mentioning that the central government has fixed the annual training fee for engineering and non-engineering students of ITI. Under this, 26 thousand rupees have been fixed for engineering trade and 21 thousand 200 rupees for non-engineering.
- From 2024, a uniform growth at the rate of 5 percent per annum will be permissible. The fee structure will be reviewed by the Directorate General of Training after five years.
- As soon as the government order is issued, students studying in all the private ITIs in the state will have to pay the above fee from the session 2022-23 .
Switch to Hindi