Why In News ?
According to the information received from the media on 28 May 2023, the High Label Committee of the Central Government constituted for urban development has sent a recommendation to the state government to create seven development regions in Uttar Pradesh.
- In this, the focus will be on the development of river front development and global gateway system under regional planning. The problem of housing and employment will be solved by river development.
- The chairman of the committee, Keshav Verma, has also recommended setting up of State Capital Region (SCR) in Lucknow on the lines of NCR. It is proposed to include Lucknow, Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur Dehat, Unnao, Rae Bareli, Barabanki, Sitapur and Hardoi districts.
- Apart from this, it has been recommended to make six other development regions in Meerut, Agra, Varanasi, Gorakhpur, Bareilly and Jhansi. The head of the SCR can be the Chief Secretary, but the responsibility of other regions can be assigned to the Divisional Commissioner.
- The chairman of the committee has said that it is not possible to operate the metro across the state. The amount of capital invested in it is not getting that much income. In such a situation, the state government should develop a trauma system for easy movement in small towns. With this, people will be able to get cheap travel with less capital.
- Regional planning will open the way for development from cities to villages. With this the target of one trillion-dollar economy will be fulfilled and people will be able to get housing and employment easily.
Why In News?
According to the information received from the media on 26 May 2023, Farman Hasan Khan (Farman Mian), National General Secretary of Jamaat Raza Mustafa of Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh, has been awarded 'Bharat Gaurav Ratna' by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Government of India. He has received this award for humanity and social work.
- Farman Mian has helped dozens of patients suffering from cancer, hip operations, and bypass surgery.
- Prior to this, he has received an award from the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare for playing a meaningful role in the TB-free campaign.
- It is known that even before this, Farman Mian has received many awards-
- Received award for playing a meaningful role in TB free campaign towards the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
- Awarded by the National Commission for Women, India for doing good work for the rights of women.
- The award has also been received for important contributions in the protection of human rights towards the National Human Rights Commission.
- Karnataka's Bharat University has awarded Farman Hasan Khan an honorary doctorate.
Switch to Hindi