Seven Development Regions will be Made in Uttar Pradesh
- 29 May 2023
- 2 min read
Why In News ?
According to the information received from the media on 28 May 2023, the High Label Committee of the Central Government constituted for urban development has sent a recommendation to the state government to create seven development regions in Uttar Pradesh.
- In this, the focus will be on the development of river front development and global gateway system under regional planning. The problem of housing and employment will be solved by river development.
- The chairman of the committee, Keshav Verma, has also recommended setting up of State Capital Region (SCR) in Lucknow on the lines of NCR. It is proposed to include Lucknow, Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur Dehat, Unnao, Rae Bareli, Barabanki, Sitapur and Hardoi districts.
- Apart from this, it has been recommended to make six other development regions in Meerut, Agra, Varanasi, Gorakhpur, Bareilly and Jhansi. The head of the SCR can be the Chief Secretary, but the responsibility of other regions can be assigned to the Divisional Commissioner.
- The chairman of the committee has said that it is not possible to operate the metro across the state. The amount of capital invested in it is not getting that much income. In such a situation, the state government should develop a trauma system for easy movement in small towns. With this, people will be able to get cheap travel with less capital.
- Regional planning will open the way for development from cities to villages. With this the target of one trillion-dollar economy will be fulfilled and people will be able to get housing and employment easily.