Why in News?
- Recently, a power company of Bihar has planned to set up floating solar power plants at two places in Bihar, Phulwaria and Durgavati.
- According to information, the proposed plant of 20 MW capacity at Phulwaria and 30 MW at Durgavati is near Phulwaria Dam, Rajauli in Nawada. Its distance from Nawada is about 30 km. A 20 MW floating solar power plant is planned to be installed in this dam.
- A 30 MW floating solar power plant will be installed at Durgavati Dam in Kaimur district. The height of this dam is 46.3 meters and the length is about 1615.4 meters.
- It is worth mentioning that recently Bihar's first floating solar power plant was inaugurated in Darbhanga. Its capacity is 2 MW. It has been prepared under the supervision of Bihar Renewable Energy Development Agency (BREDA).
- Recently, the power company has entered into an agreement with Solar Energy Corporation of India for purchase of 210 MW of energy. By the end of next year, this energy will be available. This will reduce carbon dioxide emissions by 630 million tonnes.
- Similarly, the power company has entered into an agreement with The Sutlej Hydro Power Corporation for purchase of 200 MW of power. It will be available at the end of next year. Under this, 175 MW capacity solar power generation units will be set up at Jamui and 25 MW at Banka.
Switch to Hindi