Why in News
- On January 28, 2022, Madhya Pradesh's Urban Development and Housing Minister Bhupendra Singh informed that 2 lakh 91 thousand 631 masks have been distributed to the needy till January 28 in the 'Mask Hi Hai Zindagi' campaign being run by the state government. This campaign was launched on 20 January in all the urban bodies simultaneously.
- So far 1724 mask banks have been established in urban bodies with public cooperation. Of these, one lakh 37 thousand 761 masks have been donated by citizens and various organizations.
- The Urban Development and Housing Minister informed that on January 28, 44 thousand 996 masks have been distributed in the urban bodies through various activities.
- In urban bodies of Bhopal division, 4 thousand 853, in Chambal 345, in Gwalior 20 thousand 41, in Indore 3 thousand 483, in Jabalpur 2 thousand 258, in Narmadapuram 2 thousand 276, in Sagar 5 thousand 521, in Shahdol 142 and in Ujjain division 4 thousand 80 masks have been distributed in the urban bodies of the state.
- He informed that various activities are being organized by the urban bodies to make citizens aware about the prevention of corona. So far, 2 lakh 87 thousand 790 households have been contacted in the 'Roko-Toko' campaign. Around 4871 online discussions have been conducted.
Why in News
- On January 28, 2022, Section 44 has been implemented by the Madhya Pradesh State Government by removing the Vice Chancellor Dr. Asha Shukla due to irregularities in Dr. BR Ambedkar Social Science University, Mhow.
- It is noteworthy that the complaints of administrative and economic irregularities received against Dr. Asha Shukla, the Vice Chancellor of the University, were found correct in the investigation conducted by the Indore Divisional Commissioner. Action was taken against the Vice-Chancellor on the basis of the inquiry report.
- He was accused of spending money during Panchayat Raj training without following due process, irregularities in consultation and appointment of guest scholars, setting up study schools in the university without competent approval.
- Along with this, the Vice-Chancellor is also accused of not providing the original documents regarding complaints during the investigation to the Inquiry Committee.
- On the other hand, Governor Mangubhai Patel, Professor of Government Holkar Science College, Dr. D.K. Sharma has been appointed as the new Vice Chancellor of Dr. BR Ambedkar University of Social Sciences, Indore.
- It is worth mentioning that earlier Vice Chancellor Dr. Asha Shukla was the Head of Department in Barkatullah University, Bhopal. Similar allegations were leveled against him at that time also.
Switch to Hindi