Why In News?
On World Tourism Day on September 27, 2023, two villages of Rajasthan, Meenal and Naurangabad, were awarded silver and bronze awards in the Rural Tourism Village Awards by the Union Ministry of Tourism for promoting and preserving the cultural heritage and sustainable development of the villagers through tourism.
- In the felicitation ceremony organized by the Ministry of Tourism at Bharat Mandapam Convention Centre, New Delhi, out of 35 rural tourism villages of the country, Minal village of Chittorgarh district of Rajasthan was awarded silver medal and Naurangabad village of Alwar district was awarded bronze medal.
- Pawan Kumar Jain, Joint Director of Rajasthan Tourism Department, received the awards from Rakesh Kumar Verma, Additional Secretary, Union Tourism Ministry.
- It is noteworthy that the Best Tourism Village competition was organized by the Ministry of Tourism, Government of India and the Central Nodal Agency for Rural Tourism and Rural Homestay.
- Applications were received from a total of 795 villages from 36 states/union territories in the competition. Out of these, 35 villages were nominated in the gold category. Out of these 35 grams, the top 5 grams were awarded in the gold category, 10 grams in the silver category and 20 grams in the bronze category.
Vice President lays the Foundation Stone of ICAR's Regional Millet Research Center at Gudamalani, Barmer
Why In News?
On September 27, 2023, Vice President Jagdeep Dhankhar laid the foundation stone of ICAR's Regional Millet Research Center at Gudamalani in Barmer district.
- Addressing the gathering on the occasion, he said that awareness about millets has increased all over the world. The year 2023 has been declared International 'Shri Anna' Year, this is a big achievement for the country.
- He said that the center which is opening here today will have an impact not only on Rajasthan but also on the entire country and abroad.
Why In News?
According to the information given by Rajasthan Information and Public Relations Department on September 27, 2023, '‘Mukhyamantri GST Bill Puraskar Yojana-2023' has been implemented to increase GST revenue in the state. The scheme will be applicable to bills and invoices issued during the period from October 1 to March 31, 2024.
- Under the scheme, the bills received by the consumers in respect of taxable goods and services purchased from traders registered under the GST Act in the state will be payable as cash reward on the bills selected by the lottery after uploading it on the online portal or app available by the state government.
- This scheme will be India's largest bill award scheme at the state level, in which bumper prizes of up to Rs 1 crore will be given and prizes up to a total of Rs 45 lakh per month will be given to selected traders.
- The first, second and third prizes are Rs 10 lakh, Rs 5 lakh and Rs 50,000 respectively.
- The first, second and third prizes of Rs 1 crore, Rs 25 lakh and Rs 15 lakh will be given respectively.
- There is a provision of 50 additional 50 districts and 50 awards to give proper representation to each district. A total of 1,000 consolation prizes will also be given.
- For the monthly reward, the consumer will be able to upload the bill within 10 days (about 1 and a half weeks) after the end of the month.
Switch to Hindi