Why In News?
After the approval of the meeting of the Directors and Saraswati Sabha held at Meera Bhawan of Rajasthan Sahitya Academy, Udaipur on September 26, 2023, Academy President Dr. Dularam Saharan announced the annual awards of the Academy for the year 2023-24.
- Under the annual awards given by the Academy, the highest Meera Award for the year 2023-24 will be given to Jaipur resident Ratankumar Sambhariya for his novel 'Snake'.
- Progressive writer, thinker and former president of the Academy, Ved Vyas will be honored with the highest honor 'Sahitya-Manishi' in the Academy's honor tradition.
- Renowned critic and scholar Dr. Ranjit will be honored with the Academy's Janardanarai Nagar Award.
- In the series of awards of the Academy for the year 2023-24, Sudhindra Award was given to Chetan Audichya of Udaipur for the poetry collection 'Paani', Rangeya Raghav Award was given to Purushottam Pomal of Jalore for the novel 'Pashan Putri Kshatrani Heera-De', Devraj Upadhyay Award Bikaner. The Kanhaiyalal Sahal Award will be given to Jaipur's Raghavendra Rawat for his diary 'Marak Laharon Ke Beech' for critic Harish B Sharma's work 'Prasthan Bindu'.
- Whereas in drama genre, Devilal Samar Award went to Ajmer's Ras Bihari Gaur for his work 'Gandhi Zinda Hai', in children's literature Shambhudayal Saxena Award went to Kota native Chennai resident Rochika Arun Sharma for his short story 'Kitabaon Se Baatein' and the first Kriti Sumnesh Joshi Award will be given to Bilal Pathan of Udaipur for 'Ab Pede Phal Bechenge'.
- Academy Secretary Dr. Basant Singh Solanki said that after the approval of the Director-Saraswati meeting, Academy President Dr. Dula Ram Saharan has also announced the school-college awards.
- The winning students of Chandradev Sharma Award include Damodar Sharma (Ikkis College Gopalyan-Lunkaransar) for poetry, Surendra Singh (Rajasthan University, Jaipur) for story, Amandeep Nirvan (SSS College, Taranagar) for one-act play and the essay will be given to Pawan Kumar Gusain (Ekkis College, Gopalyan).
- Pardeshi Award for poetry was given to Shumbhagi Sharma (Raumavi Bhawanimandi-Jhalawar), Pari Joshi for story (The Scholars Arena, Udaipur), Karuna Ranga for essay (Ikkis Academy for Excellence, Gopalyan) and award for short story will be given to Dropati Jakhar (Ikkasi Academy for Excellence, Gopalyan).
- Sudha Gupta Award for the year 2023-24 will be given to Kaushalya of Twenty-One College Gopalyan for her essay.
- It is noteworthy that the Academy gives seventy-five thousand rupees for the Meera Award, twenty-one thousand rupees for Sumnesh Joshi Award and thirty one thousand rupees for other awards. Whereas the highest Sahitya Manishi award is worth Rs 2.5 lakh and Janardan Rai Nagar Samman is worth Rs 1 lakh.
- The number of school-college awards is five thousand rupees each.
Why In News?
On September 26, 2023, Baran District Chief of the state Urmila Jain Bhaya, on behalf of the Municipal Council, formally inaugurated the 15-day Dol Fair by cutting the ribbon on the banks of Dol Pond in Baran district.
- State Mines and Cow Husbandry Minister Pramod Jain Bhaya said that the famous Dol Fair of Hadoti is a symbol of the unique heritage and rich culture of the ancestors, it is the moral responsibility of the state to preserve and nurture it.
- To enhance the grandeur of the fair, the state government has done development works worth more than Rs 25 crore, and in the coming days more new works worth Rs 50 crore will be done.
- History of Dol Fair-
- Maharao Surjan Hada of Bundi had handed over the Ranthambore fort to Akbar. At that time two idols of gods were brought from there, one of them was of Ranganath ji and the other of Kalyanraiji. The idol of Ranganath ji was installed in Bundi and the idol of Kalyanraiji was brought to Baran. The then queen of Bundi built his temple here and installed the idol. Since then, the fair started here for the first few days and today it has taken a huge form.
Why In News?
On September 26, 2023, Governor Kalraj Mishra inaugurated the newly constructed entrance gate, Constitution Garden and Constitution Pillar of Govind Guru Tribal University located in Banswara district.
- The Governor also unveiled the statue of Govind Guru along with the foundation stone of the academic building of the university.
- On this occasion, he said that Govind Guru Tribal University will work for fundamental research on their nature concerns related to tribal traditions and culture.
- It is known that Govind Guru was not an individual but an institution. He was such a great man who pioneered the era, who sounded the trumpet of revolution of social awareness in his time. Govind Guru also contributed to religious awakening and freedom struggle with the establishment of 'Bhagat Panth'.
- With the construction of the Constitution Garden, the young generation of the country will connect with the constitutional culture and this Constitution Garden will continue to remind the new generation of the rights and duties given by the Constitution.
Switch to Hindi