Why in News
- On January 24, 2022, Jharkhand Chief Minister Hemant Soren laid the foundation stone of 14 rice mills in 10 districts of the state in the foundation stone laying of Rice Mills in different districts program organized in the auditorium at Mantralaya, Jharkhand.
- The Chief Minister laid the foundation stone of these rice mills in Garhwa, Palamu, Latehar, West Singhbhum, Khunti, Gumla, Simdega, Dhanbad, Bokaro and Godan districts of the state.
- Kurmipur in Palamu district, Garja and Hethma in Simdega district, Timra and Kalamati in Khunti district, Kasira and Konbir in Gumla district, Kushmahi in Garhwa district, Jalta in Latehar, Chaunpurkhas and Sealjoda in West Singhbhum district, Deviana in Dhanbad district, Bokaro district. Foundation stone was laid for Rice Mills Units at K Mirdha and Govardhanpur in Godan district.
- The Chief Minister said that due to paucity of rice mills in the state, farmers were not getting adequate price for their produce. With the opening of rice mills, those problems will now come to an end. The opening of new and modern rice mills will give a big support to the farmers of the state as well as the economy of Jharkhand. With the establishment of rice mills, a large number of local people will also get employment opportunities.
- The Chief Minister said that under the Food Processing Policy, Jharkhand Industrial Area Development Authority is providing land to the investors at concessional rates. The state government is encouraging investors in many ways to set up processing units in the state.
Switch to Hindi