Why In News?
On September 23, 2023, Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Mallikarjun Kharge, Lok Sabha MP Rahul Gandhi and Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot inaugurated 'Gandhi Vatika' built in the Central Park of Jaipur.
- The state government has taken this innovative initiative to introduce the new generation to the thoughts and values of Mahatma Gandhi.
- The theme of Gandhi Vatika in Central Park, built at a cost of Rs 85 crore, has been prepared under the guidance of a committee of Gandhian thinkers. On the ground floor of the garden, the period from the arrival of the British to India till Gandhi's stay in South Africa has been depicted in 5 parts.
- On the first floor, Gandhiji's movements against the British in India and his philosophy have been displayed. A special library, seminar hall and conference room have been constructed on the second floor.
- The conference room has been divided into three sections, ‘Rajasthan has followed Gandhi’s path’, ‘Gandhi: Apne aaine me mein’ and ‘Gandhi ji’ Ke Sapno ka Sansar’ respectively.
- Mud walls have been specially prepared for simplicity in building construction and environmental protection.
- Besides, 14 thousand trees and plants have been planted in the garden. Facilities like cafeteria, open theater stage, and discussion room will also be available in the garden.
Why In News?
On September 24, 2023, Rajasthan's Public Health Engineering Minister Dr. Mahesh Joshi laid the foundation stone of three reorganized urban water supply schemes of Jaipur worth about Rs 130 crore, included in the Chief Minister's budget announcement 2023-24.
- These schemes include reorganized water supply scheme worth Rs 46 crore 37 lakh, renovation of pump house for smooth drinking water supply in Baiji Ki Kothi, Model Town and surrounding areas, construction of new high reservoir, new pipe in Baiji Ki Kothi and Model Town area. The work of connecting and laying the line will be done. The 50 thousand population of this area will get the benefit of this scheme.
- Under the Reorganized Urban Water Supply Scheme Jagatpura (Jaipur) worth Rs 44 crore 30 lakhs, work will be done to construct a new high reservoir, clean reservoir and pump house and to connect and lay new pipelines in Jagatpura area.
- Under the scheme, there will be a high reservoir of 18 lakh liter capacity, surface reservoir of 18 lakh liter capacity, laying of pipeline in about 80 km (about 49.71 mi) area on the land allotted by JDA in Manoharpura Kachchi Basti and reconnection of 5 thousand water connections. The 32 thousand population of this area will get the benefit from this scheme.
- Under the reorganized urban water supply scheme Gator worth Rs 37 crore 16 lakhs, work will be done to renovate the currently established pump house, construct a new high reservoir and connect and lay new pipelines in the entire Gator area.
- In this, there will be a high reservoir of 15 lakh liter capacity in Siddharth Nagar behind the Northwestern Railway Headquarters, connecting and laying pipelines in about 62 kilometers (about 38.53 mi) and replacement of 5500 water ties. Pure drinking water can be provided with proper pressure to a population of about 30 thousand.
Why In News?
On September 22, 2023, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot inaugurated the Constitution Club of Rajasthan, built on the land of MLA Nagar (East) located near the Legislative Assembly in Jaipur on the lines of the Constitution Club of Delhi.
- On this occasion, the Chief Minister laid the foundation stone of the Officers Institute to be built in HCM Ripa.
- It is known that many important institutions are being established one after the other in Rajasthan, which include Constitution Club, Rajasthan International Centre, Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Social Sciences, Gandhi Museum, Fintech University etc.
- Construction of Constitution Club is a unique scheme of the Housing Board.
- This is the grandest and best Constitution Club of the country, equipped with modern facilities, where the new members elected to the Assembly will be able to benefit from the experience of the former members.
- The Constitution Club will play an important role in strengthening democracy and will become a platform for exchange of views of the Assembly members.
- This club is built on 4 thousand 950 square meter land. The amount of Rs 90 crore will be spent on the construction of this club built on an area of 1 lakh 84 thousand 480 square feet.
- The club has a restaurant, coffee house, swimming pool, auditorium, meeting hall, conference hall, library, gym, salon, badminton and tennis court, billiards and table tennis, indoor games and guest rooms.
Switch to Hindi