Innovation of Election Commission of India - Facility of Home Voting in Assembly General Elections for the First Time in the State.
Why In News?
On September 21, 2023, Chief Electoral Officer of Rajasthan Praveen Gupta said that as per the instructions of the Election Commission of India, for the first time in the state, senior citizens above 80 years of age and especially abled voters with more than 40 percent disability category will be eligible for voting in the assembly general elections. Voting initiative has been taken.
- Chief Electoral Officer Praveen Gupta said that the Commission has made this innovation in the direction of inclusive elections. Under this, booth level officers are going door-to-door and providing information regarding home voting to the eligible voters.
- In these elections, 18.05 lakh eligible voters will be able to get this facility as an option. This feature is available as an option. If eligible voters want to opt for this facility, they will have to fill the 12-D form given by the BLO and submit it to the BLO within 5 days of the issue of election notification.
- Praveen Gupta said that the list of these voters who have chosen the option of home voting will be made available to all the recognized political parties by the returning officer and the polling team formed will get these voters to vote through postal ballot.
- It is noteworthy that in the state, 12 lakh 13 thousand 817 voters above 80 years of age and 5 lakh 95 thousand voters are registered as especially abled people.
Why In News?
On September 21, 2023, the final report of the Sixth State Finance Commission was presented to Rajasthan Governor Kalraj Mishra at Raj Bhavan.
- Under the leadership of State Finance Commission Chairman Pradyuman Singh, Finance Commission member Ashok Lahoti, Member Secretary S. C. Derasree, Joint Secretary Rajesh Gupta and Advisor Shantilal Jain handed over the signed copy of the Finance Commission to the Governor.
- It is noteworthy that this commission was constituted under the chairmanship of Pradyuman Singh on April 12, 2021, under Article 243 of the Constitution.
- In this, there is a provision of financial assistance given by the state government to Panchayati Raj institutions, urban bodies for carrying out the basic tasks assigned under the Constitution and Panchayati Raj and Rajasthan Municipality Act and recommendations to improve their functioning.
Why In News?
In pursuance of the Chief Minister's budget announcement on September 21, 2023, the State Government has issued notification for the establishment of the University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences at Jobner.
- Earlier in the Assembly session, Animal Husbandry Minister Lalchand Kataria had presented a bill related to this in the Assembly, which was passed by voice vote.
- Animal Husbandry Minister Lalchand Kataria said that earlier Animal Science University was functioning in Bikaner. The second veterinary university of the state is being established in Jobner. With this, children from rural families will also get an opportunity to get an education equipped with the latest techniques of veterinary medicine and animal science.
- The Animal Husbandry Minister said that Rajasthan is the first state in the country to have two veterinary and animal science universities. To save livestock and move ahead in the field of veterinary medicine, the second veterinary and animal science university of the state is being opened in Jobner.
Switch to Hindi