Why In News?
On September 20, 2023, a meeting of the state cabinet was held under the chairmanship of Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot, in which 63 proposals were approved.
- In the meeting, the Cabinet has taken an important decision to allot land at concessional rates to more than 200 social institutions for educational upliftment and social and economic development in the state for hostels, old age homes, community centers and other social works. With the approval of this proposal, land can now be allotted to all these institutions at 10 percent of the reserved rate.
- The Cabinet has approved amendments to the Rajasthan Civil Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2017. With this, all the personnel of Class IV Service, Ministerial Service, Subordinate Service and State Service will be given financial upgradation of promotion post under the ACP scheme on completion of 9, 18, 27 years of satisfactory service.
- Taking a sensitive decision, the Cabinet has approved the proposal to amend various service rules to provide government jobs to boys and girls orphaned due to Covid-19 when they attain adulthood.
- With this approval, such orphan boys/girls whose biological or adoptive parents have died due to Covid on or before March 31, 2023, will be able to get appointments.
- Also, such orphan boys/girls, whose mother or father has died in the past and the other has died due to Corona on or before March 31, 2023 and whose age at the time of becoming orphan is not more than 18 years, can also be given appointment on posts up to Pay Matrix L-9 after attaining adulthood.
- Economically Weaker Section (EWS) candidates will now get the same age relaxation as other reserved categories in Rajasthan State Engineering Services. The Cabinet has approved the proposal to implement the provision of Rajasthan State Engineering Services (Direct Recruitment by Combined Competitive Examination) Rules 1991 as per the notification issued on April 16, 2021.
- It is noteworthy that the said service rule was left out of being included in the notification of April 2021. Now in this service rule, male EWS candidates will get age relaxation of 5 years and female candidates will get 10 years relaxation.
- The Cabinet has approved the proposal for necessary amendments in 'Rajasthan Rural Development State Service Rules-2007' to provide better opportunities for promotion to the officers of Rajasthan Rural Development State Service.
- With this approval, the officers of this service, who are currently working on the post of senior pay series and have completed 10 years of service in Rajasthan Rural Development State Service, will be able to get promotion to the post of selected pay series.
- In order to provide better opportunities for promotion in various state services, the Cabinet has approved the proposal to amend the 'Rajasthan Civil Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2017'. With this approval, additional promotion opportunities and their pay scales will be available in the departments of Archeology and Museum, Employment, Excise, Forest, Tourism and Industry.
- The Cabinet has approved ‘Rajasthan Green Hydrogen Policy-2023’. The possibilities for investment and employment in the state will increase with the establishment of 2000 KTPA capacity projects by the year 2030 from green hydrogen based projects in the state and construction units of related enterprises.
- It is noteworthy that Rajasthan ranks first in the country in renewable energy and solar energy capacity installation. Also, favorable conditions exist for green hydrogen in Rajasthan.
- The Cabinet has approved 'Rajasthan Biomass and Waste to Energy Policy-2023' to encourage energy production from biomass and waste and biomass co-firing in thermal power plants.
- This will promote power generation from residual biomass and waste in the state, due to which there will be no need to burn residual biomass in the state and better disposal of solid waste will also be possible.
- In order to announce the budget, the Cabinet has approved the proposal to establish 'Rajasthan State Sports Institute' in Jodhpur. With this, a state-of-the-art sports training center will be established in the state. Players can be given properly organized sports training.
- The Cabinet has approved the proposal to increase the 5 percent surcharge/dividend received by Rajasthan Medical Services Corporation Limited (RMSCL) on purchasing and supplying medicines and equipment to the government to 11 percent.
- With this approval, medical institutions can be constructed in line with the budget announcement as part of the expansion in the work plans of RMSCL.
- The Cabinet has decided to name the Crafts and Soil Art Board as 'Shri Yade Mati Kala Board'. The board will work to enhance the income of pottery artisans by providing technical training and advanced tools, connectting them with fairs and exhibitions and developing basic facilities.
- The Cabinet has also decided to rename Karma Bai Government Industrial Training Institute for Women, Laxmangarh (Sikar) as Karma Bai Government Industrial Training Institute, Laxmangarh (Sikar).
Switch to Hindi