Why In News?
On September 22, 2022, Dr. Mary Neelima Kerketta, a retired Indian Administrative Service officer, has been appointed as the chairperson of the Jharkhand Public Service Commission (JPSC). After the approval of Governor Ramesh Bais, the Department of Personnel, Administrative Reforms and Official Language issued a notification appointing him as the chairman.
- It is worth noting that the post of JPSC President was vacant after Amitabh Choudhary completed 62 years on July 5, 2022. Due to the absence of the chairman, many appointments, interviews, promotions etc. work in the commission has come to a standstill.
- Dr. Neelima will hold the post of President till the maximum age of 62 years from the date of assuming office. In this way, she will be able to remain in this post till August 2024.
- Dr. Neelima is a 1994 batch IAS officer of Maharashtra cadre. From 2008 to 2013, she held several posts in Jharkhand and retired as principal secretary of the health department.
- Dr. Kerketta, a resident of Karni village in Gumla district, did her matriculation from Ursuline Convent Girls High School, Ranchi, her graduation from BAU, MSc and PhD from ICAR, New Delhi. His father Dr. R. Kerketa has been the Vice Chancellor of Birsa Agricultural University.
Why In News?
On September 22, 2022, the Director of Jharkhand AYUSH Department sent a letter to all the district AYUSH officers and directed them to construct 10 bedded AYUSH hospitals in all the districts.
- On the lines of Allopathic system of medicine, now patients will be treated with the help of Ayurveda in the state. For this Indoor Ayurveda Hospital will be constructed.
- Hospitals of 10 beds each will be built in all 24 districts of the state. At present, 10 beds will be available in this hospital. This will facilitate treatment to patients. Ayush Hospital will be constructed on a total of 25 decimal land.
- In this regard, the Director of AYUSH Department has sent a letter to all the district AYUSH officers asking them to implement it. It has been said in the letter that in order to promote the indigenous system of medicine and to benefit the patients from the ancient system of medicine of the country, the needy patient will be admitted to AYUSH hospital and treatment will be done with AYUSH system with no side effect.
- So far there has been an outdoor facility for AYUSH therapy. After the 10 bedded AYUSH hospital is available, now the patients can be admitted to the hospital and treated with AYUSH system by providing indoor medical facilities.
- It is worth mentioning that in view of the various diseases that are growing day by day including the Corona period, almost the whole world including Mother India has been inclined towards AYUSH, especially Naturopathy Ayurveda, in which the three wings of AYUSH medicine are Ayurvedic medicine, Homeopathic medicine and Unani system of medicine. It is said to have no side effects.
Switch to Hindi